Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ever messed up their hand practicing reloads?

Site Supporter
    I'd see a doc...if the finger is cold...it means blood flow is changed. If it goes numb, I'd be concerned.

I usually just pinch the ever loving fuck out of my hands with the flush fitting 1911 mags...got a few nice blisters out of the deal but I save all my hand trauma for Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That is scary, way past medical exam time.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ccohs.ca link View Post
    Hypothenar hammer syndrome has also resulted from sports activities such as karate, baseball, mountain biking, golf, tennis, hockey, handball, volleyball, badminton, break-dancing and weight lifting.
    Reload drills huh? Come on man, we're all friends here.

Seriously, as a dude with permanent hand damage including nerves (that didn't grow back), you need to get it looked at.
    Last edited by StraitR; 05-09-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Can you use full-sized mags on an M&P compact? I never understood why people reload G19's with G19 mags. G17 mags are much easier to grab, and you don't risk pinching yourself when you seat it.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Yeah but I do idpa ccp division with it and full sized magazines make it too tall for that division, compact mags with the pinky extension are still small enough, although I do carry a full sized mag with an x grip spacer when I actually carry it.

I hope you come out of it ok, it doesn't sound good at all. I've never hurt myself reloading, but I did manage to pinch the web of my hand between my thumb and trigger finger when I picked up my gripless Sig P226 and dry fired it. It's just about healed up now. Last time before that was trying to rack the slide on one of my friend's 1911's with oily hands and I slipped and the serrations ripped the side of my right trigger finger. Ouch.

I caught the meaty part of my hand in a very enthusiastic reload at an IDPA match with a Glock 19 once. I think peed a little and broke out in a cold sweat.

Had a blood blister the same length as a Glock 9mm base plate.

User Tag List