Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Georgia Campus Carry signed by Governor

Site Supporter
    How is a college student supposed to know whether one of their classmates is a dual enrollment student?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    The Governor would not sign a similar bill last year due to the child care and high school kids in class, etc. The legislature modified the bill to meet the Governors concerns from last year. An 85% solution now is better than a 100% solution never. We need to get all the pro-gun bills we can before GA goes "Purple" as Atlanta is a magnet for immigration from non-gun-friendly states (yes - I am a native of Georgia).

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    The Governor would not sign a similar bill last year due to the child care and high school kids in class, etc. The legislature modified the bill to meet the Governors concerns from last year. An 85% solution now is better than a 100% solution never. We need to get all the pro-gun bills we can before GA goes "Purple" as Atlanta is a magnet for immigration from non-gun-friendly states (yes - I am a native of Georgia).
    Agree it's a good step. I was writing my congressman 10 years ago for a similar bill while studying at Ga Tech. Wish it had passed back then.

Typical blood in the street response from triggered students/professors/board of regents.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    There's Georgia, then there's Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Ever see that episode of Futurama with the Lost City of Atlanta? We've considered it to cut the cancer from the state. That's what the road breakages of late have been about - prep work.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Yes, I was born and raised in Savannah. Returned and worked there after Active Duty. Career took me to middle GA also. Career now has me in Atlanta (but live way NW). Look at a population map of GA by county; "Atlanta" - the whole sprawl of it - dominates the state. The other areas with significant population centers are Macon, Albany, Augusta, and Savannah if that makes you feel better.

Site Supporter
    I live in a nice community about 24 miles NE of the city. I used to drive to the Perimeter area for work and the commute sucked both ways. We don't visit Atlanta unless out of necessity.

Savannah is still a fun town.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Ever see that episode of Futurama with the Lost City of Atlanta? We've considered it to cut the cancer from the state. That's what the road breakages of late have been about - prep work.

Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
    Separate Seattle from King County? Proposed bill could eventually make it happen | KREM.com
    Should Seattle be split off from the rest of King County? | KUOW Seattle
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Here is a piece that I wrote on the law:

link
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List