Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Georgia Campus Carry signed by Governor

Site Supporter

Georgia Campus Carry signed by Governor

http://www.ajc.com/news/state--regio...lOhpUhniiyxxO/

The Governor signed the "Campus Carry Bill" - we were watching to see if he would sign, veto, or if we would do nothing and let it just become law without his signature.

So, is the bill a good bill? or a Feel Good bill?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Depends on who you ask - allows carry on most sites on campus - some restrictions such as cannot carry around child care centers on campus. I suggest it is much more a good news story than and a feel good story.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Depends on who you ask - allows carry on most sites on campus - some restrictions such as cannot carry around child care centers on campus. I suggest it is much more a good news story than and a feel good story.
    I agree. Not perfect, but it's a decent bill. I'd suggest they arm the kids and let Darwin sort out the next generation. But hey, I'll take what we can get.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    I agree. Not perfect, but it's a decent bill. I'd suggest they arm the kids and let Darwin sort out the next generation. But hey, I'll take what we can get.
    This.

If nothing else it's always fun watching the liberal's heads explode.

With all that being said, Deal is a spineless craven in my book for not signing the first one that came around (among other things).

I am sure there will be blood running in the streets from the CHLers blasting people left and right. Hey, thats what they said would happen in Texas.

Wait...there's colleges in Georgia?

(I kid, I kid. I've spent many a day and night in Georgia over the years and pretty much all of 'em good ones.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Wait...there's colleges in Georgia?
    Hey I'm offended! Wait... no, actually I'm not. Carry on.

Does the bill pre-empt colleges from banning guns on their own authority?

If not, it won't matter on the ground for the students and staff. Nice though it is for the state to support carry on colleges, it'll amount to naught if carrying on campus equates to dismissal or expulsion.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

It's an okay bill, but has some serious stupid provisions. Such as being restricted from carrying in a dual-enrollment class (class where high school students also attend).

It's better than nothing for sure, and sets us up to get more in the future.

And Georgia has overall state pre-emotion on firearms laws, so the colleges are going to have to deal.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List