Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The normal progression of a PF thread

The normal progression of a PF thread

Experience tells me that the typical, popular PF handgun thread develops as follows. Five or ten pages about the actual product. Another five pages of butthurt, based on who carries or does not carry the gun, primarily based on the trigger pull weight and length, and how that facilliatates pointing the gun at people without pressing the trigger. Two or three derails onto topics nobody would have anticipated when the thread started. About then, RobS will call for the inevitable comparison of the new product to a Glock 19. Then when by all rights the thread should have been over, it is prolonged by the addition of memes, followed by the mighty haiku.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Experience tells me that the typical, popular PF handgun thread develops as follows. Five or ten pages about the actual product. Another five pages of butthurt, based on who carries or does not carry the gun, primarily based on the trigger pull weight and length, and how that facilliatates pointing the gun at people without pressing the trigger. Two or three derails onto topics nobody would have anticipated when the thread started. About then, RobS will call for the inevitable comparison of the new product to a Glock 19. Then when by all rights the thread should have been over, it is prolonged by the addition of memes, followed by the mighty haiku.
    What has this post got to do with Glock 19s?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Word.

Add to that the cry of despair when - exhausted - one finishes reading 54 pages to realize that in order to make the PX4 a tad slimmer they have agreed to remove the slide lever on the right side thus killing it for left handed.

I am proposing this rule adjustment:
    "All threads will be automatically closed after 10 pages"

In before the lock!

How about that Mossberg Shockwave?

Site Supporter
    A few common themes:

"Woe is me, TDA pistols are so underrated and will never be popular again because the rest of the gunternet is stupid"

"Gen 3 Glock 19s are teh superbest"

"Just get a fucking Colt 6920"

"Oh look, GJM bought a new gun and shoots it better than I shoot the gun I've owned since childhood."

"Stupid Instagram celebrities. They can't shoot and they get all the likes"

"We like LEM guns, but we still have problems shooting them well"

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

O.K. I'll be back at page 10. At that me I intend to analyze the thread content and verify the accuracy of the O.P.'s statements. Or I could just go get a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

"We like LEM guns, but we still have problems shooting them well"
    I am going to ask for a ruling, but I think 43 minutes for LEM to be mentioned is a new record.

Congratulations.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I am going to ask for a ruling, but I think 43 minutes for LEM to be mentioned is a new record.

Congratulations.
    LEM is the mostest PF you can get. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned sooner

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned sooner

Yeah...nobody brought Competition vs Tactical yet either. Wait, I just did, oops
    Last edited by cheby; 05-04-2017 at 06:11 PM.

User Tag List