Thread: Summit Gun Broker Deal on Gemtech Trek 5.56

Summit Gun Broker Deal on Gemtech Trek 5.56

Summit Gun Broker has both NIB and police-trade in Gemtech Trek 5.56. The new ones are $495 shipped to your FFL/SOT, and the used ones are $289 shipped to your FFL/SOT. The used ones are pretty good deals.

Information on Gemtech Trek 5.56 is at https://gemtech.com/trek-silencer.html

www.summitgunbroker.com/

Disclosure: I am purchasing at least one.

That's a helluva deal! And if the used can ends up having too short a life... can't the user send it to Gemtech for their unicore?
    If I needed a 5.56 can I'd jump on this.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone have experience with the Gemtech Trek? I have a 30 caliber suppressor and have been considering adding a 556 suppressor.

A few years ago an outfit in PA sold the Treks new for $295 and I bought one. I would NOT buy a new one for $495 today.

The Griffin Spartan 3 is $445 at Silencer Shop and the Sig SRD556 is $499. Both are much lighter than the Trek, the Spartan is 12.5oz and the Sig is 14.6oz or so (Sig claims 11.5oz... not true!).

And for me, not using Silencershop adds a $100 local transfer fee. So if your local class 3 adds a fee, take that into account. For me I would rather spend the $445 on a Spartan than $289+$100 for a used Trek.

Weight is my only small beef with the Trek, mine weighed 18.25oz new. It lives on a 100% suppressed 11.5" and works great. With semi-auto fire I don't think I will ever wear it out. With the "light is right" trend I would love to get a Spartan 3 but I am very happy with the Trek.

User Tag List