Thread: Dillon 550 light tip

Dillon 550 light tip

One of the BezosMart Christmas flash sales was for the Streamlight AAA penlight. I bought them as stocking stuffers. I had one left over.

The other day I was reloading 6ARC on my Dillon 550, and had an idea.

Use the Streamlight as a press light. One rubber band later and:

Name:  IMG_8213.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  IMG_8214.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  40.2 KB
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

That's brilliant. No really!
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    One of the BezosMart Christmas flash sales was for the Streamlight AAA penlight. I bought them as stocking stuffers. I had one left over.

The other day I was reloading 6ARC on my Dillon 550, and had an idea.

Use the Streamlight as a press light. One rubber band later and:

Name:  IMG_8213.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  IMG_8214.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  40.2 KB

Good idea, looks simple enough.

Ive seen lights made specifically for reloading use, they are kinds cool, but do cost quite a bit more. The streamlight of course can be used besides on the press.

https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/lighting
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Good idea, looks simple enough.

Ive seen lights made specifically for reloading use, they are kinds cool, but do cost quite a bit more. The streamlight of course can be used besides on the press.

https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/lighting
    I use three different presses. After using an old flexible desk light, I moved on to Inline Fab. When I switch presses on the bench, I plug the lights in and go to work.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

That's a clever idea @Trigger.

I used a clip-on flexible book light duct taped on my 550 for a number of years.

I went to one of the InlineFabs about 3 years back and like it. But I like the way you think!

If you look closely at the first picture, you can see the string of LEDs stuck to the inside of the press frame. With the power supply and cord, it was just too cumbersome to use and work around. This flashlight was a quick fix. not permanent, but handy in a pinch.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

User Tag List