Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Timer Recommendations Please

Timer Recommendations Please

I currently use the Surefire Shot Timer on my iPhone and it's just not cutting it. I have never used a shot timer outside of the app. A search reveals 2-3 popular ones. Is there one that stands out above the rest?
    SCD

Pocket Pro II.

Had one for a few years...should probably do a review of it now that I think about it...

Well worth the cash.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 05-03-2017 at 12:43 PM.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Pocket Pro II.

Had one for a few years...should probably do a review of it now that I think about it...

Well worth the cash.
    I've seen a number of folks use the Pocket Pro II with good results.

A bunch of years ago I purchased a PACT Mark 4 XP Championship Shot Timer with Chronograph Circuitry. It works perfectly but is very large and can eat a 9V battery in short order.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/79...raph-circuitry

I like the size and features of the Shotmax-2 timer. If I were in the market for a new timer I would consider it. http://www.doublealpha.biz/shotmaxx-2 I've seen Mike Pannone using it in his classes and it worked fine.

What specific features are you looking for?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

What specific features are you looking for?
    Random start, Par's, split's easy to use and something that won't pick up others shots especially indoors.

Site Supporter
    The Pocket Pro meets all of those requiremetns with the exception of not picking up other people's shots. Avoiding picking up other people's shots would seem to be very difficult to avoid. I have a Pocket Pro that has worked well for me for almost 2 decades.

Pocket Pro II.

Well worth the cash.
    This is the one that I have and I have zero complaints with the functionality.
    I shoot outdoors and it will pick up someone else's shots if they're shooting right next to me.

I use a Pocket Pro II. So does everyone I know. Distant second in popularity would probably be a tie between the Pocket Pro I and Pact.

Whatever you get, buy it from Brownells for their lifetime replacement warranty.

I have a CED7000 that the wife got me years ago. No issues so far, aside from "loosing" the charger for a few weeks.

Of the ones listed, only the Shotmaxx can be set not to pick up other shooters due to the use of an accelerometer. I found this feature worked as advertised on my Shotmaxx even at busy indoor ranges with rifle shooters in adjacent bays. My only complaint about the Shotmaxx (well, this is more an operator issue) is that I could never remember to charge it before a range session, and I ended up selling it. I also found the Bluetooth/App functionality somewhat spotty.

The Shotmaxx 2 apparently dumps the Bluetooth feature in favor of additional battery life, which is (in my opinion) the right tradeoff. That new speaker is ridiculous though.

My 10 year old PACT Club Shot Timer 3 is still going strong.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List