Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Mike Lamb of Stoic Ventures. Outed as not being a Recon Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My buddy was a PJ. He was probably 150 lbs soaking wet and I never even noticed if he had a chest. Nonetheless...he was the real thing.
    Nice to know that not everyone has to look the part and that mindset and gumption go a long way toward showing a man's (or woman's) true mettle.
    That's wild, 'cause everyone I met was pretty big. Even some retired Vietnam-era PJ's that I met were still pretty big. I claim no face-shooter background myself. I was an aircraft mechanic on the A-10, B-52, and C-5 through my time in. I also spent a 3-year stint as a tank commander in the Tx Army Natl Guard.

All the Js I've ever met were solid dudes, yet most of them I ran into were not towering massive muscle-y types. It's that much more oxygen you gotta suck in!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I think you could have a go of it, especially if you presented unique and engaging on screen personalities.
    Given the success of Nutnfancy, that doesn't seem to be a requirement for YouTube gun stardom...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    That's wild, 'cause everyone I met was pretty big. Even some retired Vietnam-era PJ's that I met were still pretty big. I claim no face-shooter background myself. I was an aircraft mechanic on the A-10, B-52, and C-5 through my time in. I also spent a 3-year stint as a tank commander in the Tx Army Natl Guard.
    I spent most of my 11 years in the Air Force working with PJ's/CRO's. Like the CCT's, SEAL's, Force, and Army SF, they come in all shapes and sizes. It's their mental toughness that makes them who they are. Hell one guy I worked with was a PJ, then commissioned and became an HH-60 driver. When we created the CRO in 2001 he was one of the first three. Completely average stature and yet when he graduated from Indoc he was the only person left in his class.
    Last edited by El Cid; 05-14-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Given the success of Nutnfancy, that doesn't seem to be a requirement for YouTube gun stardom...
    Uhh, yeah. But I find most of the youtube commenters, Nutnfancy including, like nails scratching on a chalkboard.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Uhh, yeah. But I find most of the youtube commenters, Nutnfancy including, like nails scratching on a chalkboard.
    Apparently your view of their appeal (which echoes mine, FWIW) appears to interfere with having jillions of YouTube followers not a whit. The masses are asses.
    Last edited by Tamara; 05-15-2017 at 07:34 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List