Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Lamb of Stoic Ventures. Outed as not being a Recon Marine.

Mike Lamb of Stoic Ventures. Outed as not being a Recon Marine.

http://www.breachbangclear.com/mike-lamb-comes-clean/

I have no personal experience with Mr. Lamb, but have consumed a lot of the content he's put out. Damn...kinda sucks.

The sad thing is that his teaching,quality of instruction and techniques/tactics etc may be good stuff but are seriously tainted by a lie. I wouldn't not take a course from him before or now but I would look more critically at doing so and what he teaches or promotes now that he has benefited from a false background and disrespected those that earned their way as a Recon Marine.

This is why I don't put anyone no matter how experienced,knowledgeable,skilled or articulate they are on a pedestal. Too often information comes out that puts them or something they promote or teach in less than positive light. The same can be said of products as people. Buyer beware and do your homework.

This seems to happen in every arena. I've come across it before with knife makers as well.

What's sad is that good info and training, or good knives for that matter, could stand on their own merit without resorting to "stolen valor".

One of my favorite sayings, attributed to Publilius Syrus translates as: "Trust, like the soul, once departed never returns."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I've been wanting to take his shotgun classes for years now.... Missed out on the Louis Awerbuck class and now this.

As others have said - the sad thing here is that his was by all accounts a good instructor who put out good information and now all of that is essentially lost or tainted because he chose early on to perpetrate a lie and try to live with it. Sad on many levels.......

Site Supporter
    I think the saddest thing about this is it was unnecessary as his actual background is quite respectable.

Site Supporter
    Shame. I always kinda figured that if you teach good stuff the your background doesn't mean fuck all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I've been wanting to take his shotgun classes for years now.... Missed out on the Louis Awerbuck class and now this.

As others have said - the sad thing here is that his was by all accounts a good instructor who put out good information and now all of that is essentially lost or tainted because he chose early on to perpetrate a lie and try to live with it. Sad on many levels.......
    Why not take his shotgun course? If it is because of principle for him lying I can understand and respect that. His training should be the same. Since his experience or previously believed experience changed than looking more critically at what he teaches is wise but it doesn't automatically invalidate everything. Gabe Suarez and James Yeager are 2 instructors with less than stellar reputations,actions and public comments. I doubt I would take a course they are teaching. However that doesn't mean I ignore everything they teach or suggest based on who they are. It just means that I look much more critically at everything they say or promote very skeptically before deciding to try it or disregard it. That is just my opinion and how I look at things.

Site Supporter
    A minor issue - if you in an ambiguous shooting and go to trial, the statements of your instructors might come up. If they are disreputable, that might be bad. Also, good instructors might testify that you acted correctly. If an instructor has such a flaw, they wouldn't be that useful in your defense.

Just something to think about. I know training as come up in some cases.

If you have to own up to something, I like the way he approached it, head on, and chin out.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Why not take his shotgun course?
    I would say that mostly because there's no reason to. Does he have some secret sauce or teach something that nobody else does?

No?

Then why not take the class from someone that hasn't lied about their background?

User Tag List