Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9mm revolvers RFI - for fun

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    A 3" LCRx in 22 and a 3" LCR in 9x19 would be a nice pairing, all things (especially the budget) considered.
    Now to figure out a revolver I'm comfortable paying for and sinking another $400 into at a later date.
    My gut says a K frame is the best candidate. I remember Model 10's being dirt cheap 10 years ago, is there another model that's taken that spot? Or has $200+ been added to all the K frame prices over the last decade?
    EDIT:Bottom of TK's website states they will do this work on LCR models. A 3" LCR .38 converted, or a K frame could be the victim.
    Pretty sure the Cheap K-Frame ship sailed some time ago. Buds recently had those (that? It was unclear if it was one or a batch) of 64s for $320, but not for long.
    And I really think the funky LCR is cool, but I would have some trouble spending that much on an alteration to one.
    Perhaps a GP-100? Maybe the 3"?
    Either way, you end up at the $900 the 986 costs, and that is a nice PC gun with a seven round cylinder.
    Though at least with the TK work you only need to ship the cylinder, and the costs are deferred.

Site Supporter
    Decisions decisions.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently Korth has a drop-in 9mm K-frame cylinder with thier sweet rimless cartridge extractor but I can't find one for sale anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Apparently Korth has a drop-in 9mm K-frame cylinder with thier sweet rimless cartridge extractor but I can't find one for sale anywhere.
    L frame. http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...rame-revolver/

Korth's website lists nighthawk and 2 places in FL as their US distributors.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    L frame. http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...rame-revolver/

Korth's website lists nighthawk and 2 places in FL as their US distributors.
    I've heard of those, very interesting and I have a L frame Smith. Some might wonder how a .355 bullet does down a .357 bore. Many bullets for the reloader can be had in .356 and .38 super auto shooters have been using .355 bullets in .356 bores for sometime with good results. So it could work.

User Tag List