Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A holster similar to a RCS Eidolon for a S&W Shield

A holster similar to a RCS Eidolon for a S&W Shield

I carry a G17 in a RCS Eidolon everyday and I like it a lot. My only issue with the holster is that it is only available for Glocks. I recently picked up a S&W Shield for off duty carry and I am looking for a similar style holster for it. I am leaning towards the JMCK AIWB holster with the wing claw and a wedge, but I was wondering if there are other holsters out there I should look at.

Blade-Tech has the Klipt. While not as adjustable as the Eidolon, it is akin to it. Have one, use it, just not a whole lot because I rarely carry the Shield anywhere other than a pocket. A few co-workers who bought Shields rather than G43s are happy with theirs.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Blade-Tech has the Klipt. While not as adjustable as the Eidolon, it is akin to it. Have one, use it, just not a whole lot because I rarely carry the Shield anywhere other than a pocket. A few co-workers who bought Shields rather than G43s are happy with theirs.
    I have one of these for the Shield......mostly used for carrying the gun back to work in my pack on Mondays, honestly. Works nicely as a quick IWB, or AIWB, if you're into that kinky sort of thing....mostly the Shield is carried in a 10-24 vest holster at work. But I admit I've been using the Klipt for early morning dog walks on my days off. It's an affordable foray into experimenting with AIWB.
    ETA: no one tell my SIG's about those early morning walks, please.
    Last edited by AMC; 05-02-2017 at 04:05 AM.

The KSG Armory Sidekick is a lot like a kydex version of the Eidolon

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you like the Eidolon for AIWB, I strongly encourage you to try out other AIWB holster designs.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I carry a G17 in a RCS Eidolon everyday and I like it a lot. I recently picked up a S&W Shield for off duty carry and I am looking for a similar style holster for it. I am leaning towards the JMCK AIWB holster with the wing claw and a wedge
    You know more about AWIB than I do, but I got a JMCK for mine to experiment with and for the Shield, getting the claw and wedge might seem to me like making instant coffee in a microwave oven. I got mine with extra tuck, maybe a wedge would have been OK, but the claw seems like a lot. But you could always take them both off, so maybe your plan is better...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    You know more about AWIB than I do, but I got a JMCK for mine to experiment with and for the Shield, getting the claw and wedge might seem to me like making instant coffee in a microwave oven. I got mine with extra tuck, maybe a wedge would have been OK, but the claw seems like a lot. But you could always take them both off, so maybe your plan is better...
    The claw is for better orientation at the belt and maintaining horizontal orientation, the wedge helps keeps the muzzle pointed away from your wedding tackle and maintains vertical orientation.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The claw is for better orientation at the belt and maintaining horizontal orientation, the wedge helps keeps the muzzle pointed away from your wedding tackle and maintains vertical orientation.
    Yes, I was only suggesting that by the time you shrink down to a Shield size gun it will likely conceal with fewer measures. Now, the part about not pointing at The Big Guy, that cannot be overemphasized...

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Yes, I was only suggesting that by the time you shrink down to a Shield size gun it will likely conceal with fewer measures. Now, the part about not pointing at The Big Guy, that cannot be overemphasized...
    This is for the most part true. We've been selling extended small auto holsters for some time now and for the entirety of the Shields existence and digging back through records the best I can tell is that we've sold less than 1% at normal length. Lots of folks have asked for the claw anyway and we offer it but we still have years under our belt of Shield holsters with just an extension working well. A muzzle pad helps many and a muzzle pad with the extra length will work for nearly everyone.

@JM Campbell has one of the latest models, perhaps he can chime in.
    Last edited by Dark Star Gear; 05-02-2017 at 09:21 AM.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

I have the DSG extended with pad (jmck). Trimmed the pad .125. Have the claw but do not need it.
    So the DSG clip on extended is the bees knees for me.
    Highly recommended.

Btw the Shield aiwb clipon works perfectly with the Glock 43 too.

User Tag List