Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Magazine holster

@orionz06 All the love to Tom for being the guy to highly praise another craftsman when deserving.

I like the CCC bmc design a lot. It's hard to get much more minimalist.

I gotta say I had one of Tom's pouches for Glock, before I got out of Glocks only to get a couple more anyway, and it was excellent. I really liked the fixed biothane loops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m surprised no one mentioned horizontal carry. One of the reasons / benefits of carrying IWB is so nothing shows below the belt line. I wanted the same in a mag holder, but I didn’t want to jam something else inside my pants. Horizontal carry at 11:00 solved that for me.

I’ve got a few, but I’ve been using the Mag Holder with good success.

Name:  03E112AB-3174-4B7D-A6A1-16D078A58A9B.jpeg
Views: 355
Size:  13.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think I'm gonna have to work pretty hard to break the VersaMag...and not being a fan of the Tek-Lok the BT version would be out of consideration from my perspective. The VersaMag has a very positive fit to the belt and is not coming off unless you want it to...but can be easily moved along the belt for adjustment as required.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    The clip on a JM Custom Kydex magazine pouch is sturdy.
    I can second both of these statements.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    The Dale Fricke Gideon Elite has a clip, but for all practical purposes it is a fixed loop. They have color options.

https://dalefrickeholsters.com/produ...ouch-vertical/
    As I went through this thread, I checked out all the suggestions. I notice Dale Frickle offers a horizontal pouch. I think I’m goint to order one up and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    As I went through this thread, I checked out all the suggestions. I notice Dale Frickle offers a horizontal pouch. I think I’m goint to order one up and give it a try.
    I have Alien Gear mag carriers. The clip attaches with a "gear and spline" and rotates 360 degrees and has two ride heights. Today I tried the horizontal orientation at the 10 - 11 o'clock position and found it problematic. Carrying with the opening facing forward made drawing the mag a little tricky. Carrying with the opening facing backward was easy to draw but in many positions - sitting for example - actually had the carrier opening facing somewhat down instead of horizontal. Might the mag drop out with enough movement?

Also, I usually carry horizontal at 9 or 10 o'clock. I can draw the mag in those positions with my strong hand if necessary. I'm not feeling good about horizontal after trying it for a day. It definitely conceals better but I'm not sure it's worth the negatives. Maybe with more practice? Don't know.

Site Supporter
    Most magazine pouches carry the magazines high enough so that the likelihood of the portion below the belt becoming exposed is insignificant.

Horizontal carry would potentially cause the portion of the magazine or case that is not attached to the belt to come away from the body due to the straightness of the magazine and curvature of the body.

I’m surprised no one mentioned horizontal carry.
    I tried it a long time ago when I carried a P7M8. Carried at 1 o'clock it was OK, but there really wasn't any advantage to it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I tried it a long time ago when I carried a P7M8. Carried at 1 o'clock it was OK, but there really wasn't any advantage to it.
    It does seem like horizontal pouches were quite popular for some period of time several years ago, but it seems they are less popular these days. I've never tried horizontal pouches though.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Most magazine pouches carry the magazines high enough so that the likelihood of the portion below the belt becoming exposed is insignificant.

Horizontal carry would potentially cause the portion of the magazine or case that is not attached to the belt to come away from the body due to the straightness of the magazine and curvature of the body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Well I'll confess, I have a little bit of "extra insulation" above the belt line. If I carry a mag holster that sits high, the "insulation" tends to push it outward. The middle to lower models (like the Kytac ones I have) work really well, except now we're back to having stuff "show" below the belt line.

Looking forward to trying the Dale Frickle model I just ordered.

Well I'll confess, I have a little bit of "extra insulation" above the belt line. If I carry a mag holster that sits high, the "insulation" tends to push it outward. The middle to lower models (like the Kytac ones I have) work really well, except now we're back to having stuff "show" below the belt line.
    Doesn't that leverage cause the low riders to poke you in the hip/side below the belt?

User Tag List