Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Hunter Stock for Ruger American Short Action

Site Supporter

Magpul Hunter Stock for Ruger American Short Action

A Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor is a great shooting gun for about $400. The factory stock and mag are cheesy but the magpul stock and AICS type mags fix that.

HUNTER AMERICAN STOCK – RUGER AMERICAN® SHORT ACTION

https://www.magpul.com/products/fire...n-short-action

Anyone know the time frame for these to actually be released?
    Last edited by HCM; 04-30-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    That is great news!

Hmmmm. Puts it into some pretty nice bolt gun territory price wise. But man that really would make it a handy rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Interesting. Had this been available last year I may have gone with the Ruger American Ranch 300 BLK rifle instead of my Micro 7. Not that I'm unhappy with the Remington. The stock and magazine are what kept me from buying the Ruger.

Does anyone have experience with these stocks on other rifles? Do they work well for a "practical rifle" concept, or are they better suited for "tactical" use?

I spoke to my local shop today and they said to expect them in the fall.

I bought the American Predator with an 18" threaded barrel in 308 for a beater rifle to keep in the truck. I've only tried one kind of ammo so far. It'll stack the first 2 rounds right on top of each other, then shank the 3rd round 1/2-3/4" up and to the right. I have a suspicion that it's probably a stock issue, as it's clearly touching the barrel when it's shot off a rest. An aftermarket stock would probably help quite a bit, but I really feel like that would be putting lipstick on a pig. Another couple hundred bucks invested and you're getting close to Tikka CTR territory.

All in all, I think it's a great rifle for $400. You get a pic rail already installed, and a decent barrel that's already threaded. But that's all it is in my opinion: a $400 rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard fall as well. I have no need for one but now I want a Ruger rifle because of this announcement. There aren't many, or any, rifles under a grand for which I wouldn't swap out the stock so this looks like a reasonable upgrade to me. Then again I've been known to add $700 stocks to $500 rifles and felt it was well worth the money.

Site Supporter
    Apparently these are finally available:

https://www.magpul.com/products/hunt...=&utm_content=

When you can get the outgoing Tikka T3 models for 400 dollars, there's no chance I'd buy a Ruger American and this stock instead.

But I guess the market is there.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    When you can get the outgoing Tikka T3 models for 400 dollars, there's no chance I'd buy a Ruger American and this stock instead.

But I guess the market is there.
    Do you have a link for the Tikka?

Thx
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

User Tag List