Thread: spent primers everywhere, am I missing something?

spent primers everywhere, am I missing something?

May be a silly question, but while not a showstopper it's really annoying. Have been loading a few years on a dillon 550b that I was given
    and while the primer feed can be an issue, I don't really load fast enough that I can't deal with the occasional problem. My issue is while depriming
    and sizing in the station the primer that gets removed seems to go the the four winds. Have tried catching them in a box on the floor,
    with minimal success. I don't see any additional parts on the diagrams or people's setups that would address this. Sometimes they fall in or around the priming
    bar and travel area of that bar, causing me to stop and physically remove it.
    I can deprime a large number of rounds and then just sweep up, to begin loading or deprime on other equipment and eliminate the whole issue. I just want to make
    sure I am not missing something. Thanks for the time.

Do you have the spent primer catch cup in place? See diagram. Part #13650

Thank you that's what I was missing, and yes that pan has disappeared on me. I went back to the parts breakdown about the same time you posted and found it just couldn't get this edited in time. Again thank you.

There's a small pin that the spent primer chute door rotates on. Generally that pin gets fucked up and bent pretty quickly, so I'd check to make sure your primer chute door isn't stuck open. If that's the case, it's an easy fix. Just punch out the pin, straighten a paper clip and slide the paper clip in as a replacement. If primers start hitting the ground, in my experience at least, nine times out of ten it's that the pin got bent leaving the chute stuck in the open position.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmouse View Post
    Thank you that's what I was missing, and yes that pan has disappeared on me. I went back to the parts breakdown about the same time you posted and found it just couldn't get this edited in time. Again thank you.
    Glad to see you figured it out. You can also rig something like this to help catch and collect the primers so you don't have to keep emptying the little spent primer cup.

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Money well spent, mine routes into an old milk jug full of mineral oil to catch the primer dust.
    #RESIST

User Tag List