Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero turn mowers

Zero turn mowers

Just got one, it's nice to get two hours per week of my life back.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    This is my third summer with one. I hated to spend the money, but it's been more than worth it. They are really amazing machines.

A few years back, when I was overseeing grounds maintenance at our rather large Madang property, we needed about 3-4 guys to keep the grass cut. One running a Massey tractor towing a bush hog, the others running push mowers. This was usually a 3-4 day process, and the diesel & petrol bill was killer.
    We ordered a diesel Skag zero turn from the states, and it has made a huge difference. The total manhours for just cutting grass was pretty much cut by 2/3rds, and the fuel bill went down a ton.
    Plus, the thing is still running, 4 years later.

Buying a new mower soon myself. Though I'd guess I'll be paying someone to mow the four acre lawn for this year.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Buying a new mower soon myself. Though I'd guess I'll be paying someone to mow the four acre lawn for this year.
    Just wait and see if your idiot friend breaks his new zero turn before buying one

Name:  IMG_1447.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  99.5 KB
    #RESIST

I have been considering it. It takes me 5 hours to mow with my current rider.

What kind did you get? How big a yard are you mowing with it?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

With my push mower it takes 5 tanks, and close to ten hours. It SUCKS. I really need one too. I am shopping for one now. Why the Cub over other Brands? Was there something that sealed the deal for you?
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 04-29-2017 at 07:15 PM.

I have 5 acres of mowable lawn and the best investment was a riding lawn tractor. I opted for a JD X500 as opposed to a zero turn due to somewhat uneven and hilly terrain in some areas. I also tow a small trailer that does some light hauling and carries a 15 gal sprayer set up and all of my pruning equipment. I also haul hogs fairly often with it. Some places on my property won't handle a zero turn but the X500 can get in and out and I really don't always want to jump on a full size tractor. If I had only cutting duties and flat grounds, zero turn all the way.

Oddly enough the guy who owned the property before me push mowed the entire place. When he finished, he pretty much had to start all over.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    What kind did you get? How big a yard are you mowing with it?
    Cub Cadet RZT 50. 2 acres. I like the mower. 3 year warranty, fabricated deck, Kawasaki motor.
    #RESIST

User Tag List