Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reproduction Swords

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    If someone were interested in buying a decent gladius (the sword, not the flashlight) where would you nice people suggest looking?

Thank you.
    Ebay is full of Indian made arms and armour of the olden days. Their metal bashers are not too bad if you don't need it to 100% look like it is original and was stolen from a museum to add to your collection. I bought an Indian made Corinthian helmet as a presentation piece, for around $80 it certainly looks the business and made an impression (a good one) on the receiving unit. Or, you can spend a fortune and have one made by a custom sword fettler.

As a side note: There are more "genuine" German WW2 paratrooper helmets knocking around Germany now than were ever issued to the fallschirmjaeger.....all Indian made knock off's.

If someone were interested in buying a decent gladius (the sword, not the flashlight) where would you nice people suggest looking?

Thank you.
    Im not well versed on all the options but Museum Replicas and Kult of Athena would be a starting point.

Museum Replicas has a deal of the day every day, some smoking deals show up now and then.
    Last edited by Malamute; 05-16-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Site Supporter
    I think a modern gladius would be the most practical of all the swords offered for real use. I would love one.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I think a modern gladius would be the most practical of all the swords offered for real use. I would love one.
    Very similar to my own thoughts. I already have a Marine NCO sword and a katana, and a gladius would likely round out the rack on the wall.

I haven't ever been a cutlass fan, but the Cold Steel one recently mentioned caught my attention as a fairly practical size and type. ....as far was large edged weapons could be termed practical today.

Thank you.

I don't particularly care for Busse knives but I believed they made a gladius styled sword. Obviously it would not be a period correct replica but should be a good user.

Switserland : Swiss M 1842/52 sawback Pioneer short sword (Faschinenmesser)

Found one at a gun show in San Angelo, TX, for considerably less than they are charging here...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Reproduction Swords

I would buy a trainer Gladius first.

They have both wood and plastic ones. The cold steel one is only $20 and is a little longer than expected. Having it changed my thoughts of ever buying/using a real one.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cold-Stee...ainer/21988824

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Doug; 05-27-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Site Supporter
    Could you explain why you changed your mind about a real one?

User Tag List