Thread: Perspective - Indian Immigrant at NRA Con

Perspective - Indian Immigrant at NRA Con

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/28/world/...ra-convention/

This article popped up on my Google News feed. An immigrant from India that works for CNN decided to go to the NRA convention. The article definitely did not go the direction I thought it would. She actually tried to keep things in perspective and used common sense to come to her own conclusions.

Luckily for her, there is not a place for comments at the end of the article. Honestly I'm surprised CNN ran the article.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Some things to keep in mind if I happen to find myself in a conversation with an international student. I often wonder what they think about gun culture.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Wow! An open-minded journalist asking questions and considering the responses thoughtfully, and members of the gun culture not sounding like Cleti. This is a shocker from any source, much less CNN.

Thanks for the link and kudos to the author, Ms. Basu.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Some things to keep in mind if I happen to find myself in a conversation with an international student. I often wonder what they think about gun culture.
    For most EU people especially the younger types there is no difference between American culture and gun culture.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    For most EU people especially the younger types there is no difference between American culture and gun culture.
    Self reliance, individual liberty and responsibility... these are lost in a world of creeping collectivism. They simply don't get 'Liberty culture', which may be defended and guaranteed only by those individuals deciding to be responsible for its defense using the same means and methods available to and employed by those who would choose to undermine it.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Her reflections on America's history v India's was refreshingly candid.

One thing I have said here before: an open mind will change you for the better, but also isolate you from what Tam musingly referred to as "a pack of howling 'tards" (everyone else). If she keeps this up, she just might find herself with a new hobby, widely read and disseminated, and looked upon with some suspicion by her old tribe.

interesting, really surprised cnn ran it.

Wow! Cool article!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Thoughtful article -- I too am surprised CNN ran it.

1st: trigger discipline. Sorry, not sorry; i'm a nazi when to comes to that one.
    2nd: did no one offer to take her shooting?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List