Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rimfire pic thread.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Threaded barrel? If so, where did you find that? My 21a's being needing one for a while.

eta: sorry for the necropost
    I can't remember where I bought the barrel from. I still have the original. I would recommend sending your barrel to either Tornado Technologies or Silencer Shop to have it threaded. I had to do some filing and fitment to the barrel I bought to make it fit to my 21A. That was a little bit of a PITA.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    The comp is easily removable, which is good because it leads something fierce. I have been soaking the comp in a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and 3% hydrogen peroxide to loosen the welded powder and lead, but I just ordered the Volquartsen "lead pulverizer" as the vinegar/hydrogen peroxide solution is a bit messy. The solution will also etch barrel steels as it is an oxidizer. With the comp being made of anodized aluminum, it should not be an issue; but less exposure to chemicals has to be a good thing. For that reason, I may just remove the comp and replace it with a thread protector for shooting where a bit of muzzle rise is not an issue.
    Careful with anything acidic on anodizing. It's impervious to most solvents, but has very little resistance to acids. I couldn't tell you how many thousands of dollars of anodized wheels and brake parts I've seen ruined by detailers trying to do a good job and spraying them with acidic wheel cleaners to get the brake dust off.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Careful with anything acidic on anodizing. It's impervious to most solvents, but has very little resistance to acids. I couldn't tell you how many thousands of dollars of anodized wheels and brake parts I've seen ruined by detailers trying to do a good job and spraying them with acidic wheel cleaners to get the brake dust off.
    Thank you for the advice. I will limit the comp cleaning to the tool that should be arriving this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I don’t think a takedown would be much shorter than something like this.

http://instagram.com/p/B_NJYSzJxtS/
    True but absolute shortness isn’t the vision driving force for this build.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

First part of the next project arrived today, PMACA Multi Chassis

Name:  202FB6BE-877F-47B1-A7C4-F50A9B331271.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  63.5 KB

Now I just need the 10” Charger I ordered the same day to arrive...

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  30.4 KB

Smith and Wesson 17-5 with VZ G10 black cherry grips.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    First part of the next project arrived today, PMACA Multi Chassis

Now I just need the 10” Charger I ordered the same day to arrive...
    Finally got everything in and assembled.

Name:  71D88361-F6E0-4647-80B3-4A56C6F80709.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  61.9 KB
    Name:  FD8EBAED-6DEA-474D-9FA8-56E0259D876C.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  71.7 KB

PMACA Multi Chassis, 10” Ruger Charger, Hera SFU, Shockwave blade and tube

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    A subject near and dear to my heart...

Model 63 w/Herrett Shooting Star stocks
    I picked up a 4" M-63 with Herret Shooting Stars a few months ago. I've only had it to the range once but it's a tack driver with the loads it likes. I learned to shoot on a 4" pre-34 with serial number 01xx. It was probably from the first 90 days of production. My father still has it and it's still a drill.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List