Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rimfire pic thread.

I put this Volquartsen Scorpion together over the past two years, finally finishing it this week. The only Ruger part is the magazine. Grips, for now, are Hogue. The rest of the pistol is composed of Volquartsen parts that I accumulated as deals became available. The Volquartsen frame is anodized in a red that is more pink than red. That led to a substantial discount that frugal me likes.

I was able to shoot the "break in" rounds using S&B Subsonic (40-grain at 1017 fps). No functioning issues and twenty-five yard ten-shot groups went into less than an inch. The comp that came with the upper (it had a comp but no sights) means what little muzzle rise there was is gone. I always thought a comp on a .22 was just a way to extract money from my bank account, but the muzzle rise is exceedingly well damped. I need to shoot on the timer with and without the comp to quantify the impact.

The comp is easily removable, which is good because it leads something fierce. I have been soaking the comp in a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and 3% hydrogen peroxide to loosen the welded powder and lead, but I just ordered the Volquartsen "lead pulverizer" as the vinegar/hydrogen peroxide solution is a bit messy. The solution will also etch barrel steels as it is an oxidizer. With the comp being made of anodized aluminum, it should not be an issue; but less exposure to chemicals has to be a good thing. For that reason, I may just remove the comp and replace it with a thread protector for shooting where a bit of muzzle rise is not an issue.

The other negatives of the comp are noise and spraying lead. The latter is one of the reasons this pistol does not have an optic. The other is I wanted a lightweight pistol in the vein of the Colt Challenger.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  IMG_2726 2.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  34.3 KB
    M9 Conversion
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Is that the Enoch Deep Six? I'm debating one of their chassis or a PMACA.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    The Volquartsen frame is anodized in a red that is more pink than red. That led to a substantial discount that frugal me likes.
    Does VQ do blem sales or was it through one of their distributors? Asking for a fellow frugal-ite...

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Does VQ do blem sales or was it through one of their distributors? Asking for a fellow frugal-ite...
    Watch this section of the VQ web site: https://volquartsen.com/clearance

There are often deals on overstock, discontinued, obsolete, blemished, or demo items. With the Mark III series replaced by the Mark IV, there have been quite a few deals on parts meant for the older pistols. I compare those prices to those of Rimfire Sports, which is my Volquartsen dealer of choice. The bolt in my build was discounted because it has the older logo on the "pinball" grab handle. I was able to purchase a Deluxe rifle with a McMilian stock for a bit under seventy-three percent of retail during a Black Friday promotion.

Volquartsen also sells closeouts on eBay.

Is that the Enoch Deep Six? I'm debating one of their chassis or a PMACA.
    It is. The QD sling pocket and mlok up front where the deciding factors.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Watch this section of the VQ web site: https://volquartsen.com/clearance

Volquartsen also sells closeouts on eBay.
    Thanks, I’ll have to add this to my links and searches.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    It is. The QD sling pocket and mlok up front where the deciding factors.
    Right now I’m leaning to building on a takedown Charger and I think that limits me to the PMACA if I want to retain the takedown feature.

Thanks, I’ll have to add this to my links and searches.

Right now I’m leaning to building on a takedown Charger and I think that limits me to the PMACA if I want to retain the takedown feature.
    Engineered Silence

https://www.engineeredsilence.com/pr...n-chassis-kit/
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I don’t think a takedown would be much shorter than something like this.

http://instagram.com/p/B_NJYSzJxtS/
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Beretta 21A with a Gem-Tech Outback II. The pistol is only reliable if the suppressor is on. It has no extractor so it is dependent on the blowback to cycle the slide and eject the spent casing.

Attachment 16964
    Threaded barrel? If so, where did you find that? My 21a's being needing one for a while.

eta: sorry for the necropost

User Tag List