Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rimfire pic thread.

Name:  IMG_2351.jpg
Views: 997
Size:  52.3 KB

Vudoo.

A subject near and dear to my heart...

Super Single Six, came to me with only the LR cylinder and the stocks already carved.

Model 63 w/Herrett Shooting Star stocks

Advantage Arms upper on a Rock Island Ultra Tac(?) lower

Mk IV 22/45 Lite

Browning ATD

There's more but that's all I've got pictures for right now. My current "want" is one of the GP100 .22s but I haven't decided if I want to do that or throw some of that money at the 22/45 Lite for upgrades.

I really need to try a Mountie again. I had one and tried to like it but I was spoiled by the short throw of my BL-22 and I never could get used to it.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

A limited edition ( so I was told, and by research looks true) 10/22T I bought way back when I was just a young pup. I even glass bedded the thing. Shoots a lot of loads into 1/2" or less 10 shot groups at 50 yards. I hardly shoot it anymore... and I've been tempted to find it a new home, but it was one of the first guns I ever bought, and it's pretty.

Site Supporter

Volquartsen VM-22

My latest is a Volquartsen VM-22: https://volquartsen.com/families/vm-22-rifle. It's mounted with an Athlon Midas Tac 4-16X44 mil/mil scope: https://athlonoptics.com/product/midas-tac-4-16x44-mil/. I haven't done much ammo testing yet but, it seems to like CCI Standard Velocity. Anticipated uses are a weekly 50-yard bench rest match and an Appleseed class this summer. It's great fun to shoot. Best, ELN.

Name:  VM22 overview right side.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  60.0 KB

Name:  VM22 Athlon scope top.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  VM22 w CCI std vel group.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  48.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    A limited edition ( so I was told, and by research looks true) 10/22T I bought way back when I was just a young pup. I even glass bedded the thing. Shoots a lot of loads into 1/2" or less 10 shot groups at 50 yards. I hardly shoot it anymore... and I've been tempted to find it a new home, but it was one of the first guns I ever bought, and it's pretty.

Love it! Couldn’t afford one when they came out. Ended up with a pawnshop special 10/22 for $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Love it! Couldn’t afford one when they came out. Ended up with a pawnshop special 10/22 for $100.
    I think at the time it cost me a couple weeks wages... then I had to save pennies to buy that Sightron scope. I shot some amazing groups, and killed a lot of varmints with it, before I upgraded to centerfire .22's

My best friend's grandfather has always been an inspiration to us. He was a Lt Col in Vietnam and when inevitably asked by little boys if he'd ever killed anyone he'd always reply, "I sure as hell hope so, I shot at enough of those sumbitches." If Clint Eastwood told me he'd modeled Gran Torino after Lt Col Grandpa (which is how we refer to him), I'd believe it completely. He has gorgeous rows of pine trees he himself planted on the back 40 and has been known to trim the paths using a small chainsaw on a stick that he deftly wields from the seat of his 4-wheeler and I distinctly remember him doing that very thing on his 79th birthday and had to be fetched to come in for his own dinner. He's my freakin hero.

One thing about LtC Grandpa, though, he friggin hates raccoons. So he traps them and summarily executes them. When I lived close by, this duty fell to me. I hate shooting raccoons, hate, hate, hate it. But I do it a lot safer and quicker than LtCG is capable of, so for the sake of the doomed raccoon and anyone else withing a mile radius, I did my duty each time. Though I'm always armed, LtCG would usually want me to use whatever pistol he had in his pocket that day to get a function test accomplished, too. One morning, it was his oft carried Walther TPH, which cycled sluggishly with both rounds I fired. LtC G, "Good, thought maybe it was just me. Can you do something about it?" So, I gave it a thorough cleaning, lube and a new recoil spring, function fired a problem free mag and returned it with a fresh box of ammo.

About 6mos ago, LtC Grandpa decided he couldn't handle the farm by himself anymore and he was spending most of his time with his wife in the assisted living community she needs to be in, so he sold the place and became a resident with her. I'd not had a chance to visit my friend's new home and made up for that with a road trip to share bourbon and cigars on his back porch. At one point, my friend jumps up excitedly and says he'll be right back. As you're probably expecting, he returned with this TPH and says LtCG told him to make sure I got it. Confused, I say, "But he gave that to you when he first sold his house." He smiles and says, "He did, turns out he had two of them and he was adamant that you get the other one."

I don't know if it's the same one I cleaned up for him, but I'll always treasure it. It joins my growing stable of much loved family guns that have been handed down to me; my maternal great grandfather's cheap little .32 rimfire revolver that lived in his vest pocket, my great uncle John's double barrel blackpowder 12g, my paternal grandfather's Browning Buck Mark and my father's much used and abused Ruger Single Six with the magnum cylinder installed. And for a change, the gifter is alive to hear just how much I appreciate owning it.

Name:  Walther TPH.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  45.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Name:  IMG_2351.jpg
Views: 997
Size:  52.3 KB

Vudoo.
    If I was smart I would sell my .308 LR set up and buy one of these.

Project Baby K

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List