Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rimfire pic thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dbateman View Post
    Good looking 22s.

The only 22 handgun I have at present is a S&W 17-5 4". They're a hoot to shoot, I would like another 22.
    I've been thinking maybe a Charger. Attachment 16647

If you are only going to have one, that is an outstanding one to have, for certain!

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Nice thread idea.

'61 Ruger Bearcat

And the far more common MkIII Lite

In my view, there are very few things in the firearms world more fun than a suppressed .22 semi auto pistol. I can't count the times I have sat in a folding chair in camp, or around a fire, and plinked at pine cones, all while not making a noisy racket. Loads of fun.

Marlin Model 39 Mountie at the "Big Hole" Montana.

The Mountie is without question my all time favorite rimfire, and favorite rifle period. Though it is just a rimfire, they were built to last a lifetime, and were made with the same attention to detail and pride in workmanship as the centerfire versions.

In the spot pictured I spent few hours catching and releasing trout, in between popping ground squirrels. Truly an awesome day. I then headed back to the ID side and spent the night on the Pahsimeroi of Elmer Keith writings.

Not really related to the rimfire thread, but here is a pic from the bar close to where I was fishing and shooting ground squirrels. Wisdom MT. Cool old guns on the walls, and ice cold beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    In my view, there are very few things in the firearms world more fun than a suppressed .22 semi auto pistol. I can't count the times I have sat in a folding chair in camp, or around a fire, and plinked at pine cones, all while not making a noisy racket. Loads of fun.
    Couldn't agree more. It's one of the few universal truths of the firearms world.

Are those the stock grips?
    I've been trying to figure out what grips mine came with.
    Last edited by Bobcat; 05-17-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbateman View Post
    Good looking 22s.

The only 22 handgun I have at present is a S&W 17-5 4". They're a hoot to shoot, I would like another 22.
    I've been thinking maybe a Charger. Attachment 16647
    I've been trying to figure out what grips my 6" K-22 came with.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    If you are only going to have one, that is an outstanding one to have, for certain!
    I like it, I'm pretty sure you and your photos of your pre mod 18 helped spark my interest in a 22 wheel gun.
    I like those Mounties, I've had my eye out for one for a while, they come up for sale from time to time but I haven't been quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    I've been trying to figure out what grips my 6" K-22 came with.
    As far as I know they are, they were on it when I got the gun.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

Here's one you don't see too often, an 8 3/8" Model 17:

I've owned several of the 6" ones, but this is only the second in this barrel length that I've ever seen. The other one was a beater, too. It has roughly the same sight radius as a 10-22 but will completely outshoot most of them. It's about as portable as a machete, so it's not mine any more, but it was for a while.

I prefer any S&W revolver with the small hammer and trigger and shown here, and that goes double for K-frame 22's.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List