Hot pizza:

Name:  Cheeta.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  87.6 KB

A rimfire, but not a .22:
    Name:  20200531_171826.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  46.1 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Possibly my new pistol BFF

I didn't shoot for groups, but if I missed the 8" plates at about 20 yards shooting strong hand only, it wasn't the fault of the pistol.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    What stocks are those on the 17?
    Just getting back here after a long hiatus.... Spegel’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Hot pizza:

Name:  Cheeta.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  87.6 KB
    Hey there

I think I posted this elsewhere on the forum but this thread popped up when doing a search for rimfires. I've been searching on and off for the past few years for a spare barrel so I can it threaded but they're nowhere to be found.

Name:  StFhGiJ.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  100.9 KB

Some more from my meager arsenal. One is the European version of the Browning Nomad, the FN 150, from the first year of production 1962. The other is a pre-war Colt Woodsman from 1938.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    Hey there

I think I posted this elsewhere on the forum but this thread popped up when doing a search for rimfires. I've been searching on and off for the past few years for a spare barrel so I can it threaded but they're nowhere to be found.

Name:  StFhGiJ.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  100.9 KB
    johnson,

That isn't a very common pistol, so I would imagine a threaded barrel would be tough to find!

There's a man over on The High Road, name of Mach IV Shooter who can maybe help you. He can thread the inside of the barrel for a very short ways, make an adaptor that screws in and pokes out and then will let you screw your silencer to it. The process is called counter-boring. I recommend him and his work highly. I've no connection to him.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    johnson,

That isn't a very common pistol, so I would imagine a threaded barrel would be tough to find!

There's a man over on The High Road, name of Mach IV Shooter who can maybe help you. He can thread the inside of the barrel for a very short ways, make an adaptor that screws in and pokes out and then will let you screw your silencer to it. The process is called counter-boring. I recommend him and his work highly. I've no connection to him.

Cat
    Thanks, I'll look him up if I decide to go that route. I meant that I wanted to find an extra barrel to get it threaded and keep the original barrel because...I actually don't have a good reason I can think of other than fearing irreversible damage or loss of accuracy.

I did sent out my CZ Kadet to a member named hotrod9mm years ago to do what you're talking about. He was on THR and other boards and the name of his company escapes me but he designed/made aftermarket CZ rifle parts. I'm pretty happy with the work but Tornado Technologies threading service looks cleaner.

https://www.tornado-technologies.com...ading-service/

https://www.tornado-technologies.com...ading-service/

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    In my view, there are very few things in the firearms world more fun than a suppressed .22 semi auto pistol.
    Lost River is right. Here's my CZ 75B SA with competition hammer, polished internals, removed firing pin block, and adjustable trigger before they came out with the 75 SAO Shadow. The Kadet conversion upper is on it 95% of the time and I keep a heavier mainspring in it to help reliably light off bulk .22lr ammo. And since it's single action only there's very little downside in how the trigger pull feels. I initially had FTE issues but that was fixed by changing the angle of the ejector with a file (instructions on czfirearms.us). I can't recall any other malfunctions since then other than primers not going off with bulk ammo. I've sold a DW Valor and HK P7 and could never think of getting rid of this CZ combo. I've been trying to decide if I should get a Ruger or Buckmark to see if they make better suppressor hosts than what I have currently or just save that ~$800 for something else.

TBAC 22L-1

Name:  20210911_210810.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  88.0 KB

Name:  20210911_210839.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  65.6 KB

Name:  20210911_211113.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  80.6 KB
    Last edited by johnson; 09-11-2021 at 11:09 PM.

User Tag List