Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the BENEFITS of Two Different Trigger Pulls?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What creeps me out about very light triggers on a Glock is the compromises they require in reliability. In terms of handling safety, I am
    not convinced the difference between a 3, 4, 5 or 6 pound trigger is likely to matter, assuming they all have the same amount of travel.
    On of the critical differences to me is that with at least a 4 lb. trigger, finding a bona fide expert who can truthfully testify that you do not have a hair trigger should be easy. Below 4 lb.,it would not be so easy. While this refers more to dealing with the aftermath, it also has some bearing on the level of safety delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Am I the only one who thinks weight also matters? I think weight and distance of trigger both need to be taken into account

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks weight also matters? I think weight and distance of trigger both need to be taken into account
    The lack of weight is what killed LEM for me. "How much is enough" is probably subjective... but I'd say a little too much is much better than not enough, given a smooth pull.
    "A man's character is his fate."

I think it matters, which is why I don't do some things to my carry Glocks that others do, but I don't know for a fact that it does.

You have a wide range of possible trigger pull weights, let's say 3 to 6. You have a wide range of pre-travels, let's say LEM to V4.1LEM to PPQ go OEM Glock to Overwatch/ZEV/whathaveyou Glock. You have a wide range of things that we seek a "protection help", for the lack of a better word, from, such as sympathetic squeeze, stuff caught in trigger guard, subconscious trigger check, etc. You end up with a boatload of possible combinations of setups and outcomes without a bit of a verifiable data. So we all go by a feel and personal experience here, not data.
    Last edited by YVK; 05-29-2017 at 08:35 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I think it matters, which is why I don't do some things to my carry Glocks that others do, but I don't know for a fact that it does.

You have a wide range of possible trigger pull weights, let's say 3 to 6. You have a wide range of pre-travels, let's say LEM to V4.1LEM to PPQ go OEM Glock to Overwatch/ZEV/whathaveyou Glock. You have a wide range of things that we seek a "protection help", for the lack of a better word, from, such as sympathetic squeeze, stuff caught in trigger guard, subconscious trigger check, etc. You end up with a boatload of possible combinations of setups and outcomes without a bit of a verifiable data. So we all go by a feel and personal experience here, not data.
    Thanks for this post, this sums up my thoughts without me missing up the delivery. I always "felt" like s light lem would be much easier for me to ND than a stock glock trigger. Obviously I can't prove that but I felt so strongly about that I wouldn't carry my light LEMs

All of my carry Glocks have factory "-" connectors and stock springs. I'm not a fan of the NY1. The "-" connector does not give a 3.5lb pull in any Glock I've ever felt. I prefer the reduced wall and feel it helps ME reduce anticipation from interruptions/steps in the trigger pull. I find them pretty smooth actually.

Thanks for this post, this sums up my thoughts without me missing up the delivery. I always "felt" like s light lem would be much easier for me to ND than a stock glock trigger. Obviously I can't prove that but I felt so strongly about that I wouldn't carry my light LEMs
    And I carried lighter than light LEMs with V4.1 pretravel reduction. A good example how we go by our perceptions and experiences, as I had a certain type of ND with Glocks of all kind of setups but not LEM.
    Last edited by YVK; 05-29-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    All of my carry Glocks have factory "-" connectors and stock springs. I'm not a fan of the NY1. The "-" connector does not give a 3.5lb pull in any Glock I've ever felt. I prefer the reduced wall and feel it helps ME reduce anticipation from interruptions/steps in the trigger pull. I find them pretty smooth actually.
    Totally agree with you guys - good posts.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Same thing I use for the same reason.

I don't think the NY1/- combo can be compared to a DA revólver pull at all. They're not even close.

Site Supporter
    Does the light lem not have plenty of length of pull? I thought the weight was similar to a Glock but with more travel distance.

User Tag List