Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the BENEFITS of Two Different Trigger Pulls?

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    I am right there with you... a smooth 7+ lb DA hits the spot for me and I am not a fan of an SA lighter than 3 3/4 lbs or so. As someone recently said, I like to feel the trigger

As for IG ... I pretty much just go there to laugh and shake my head. Some folks are gonna find out what a bastard Darwin can be LOL

I saw someone post that they carry a glock with a 3 lb trigger appendix. I am pretty sure I started to hyper ventilate for them. The trigger you described is exactly what I want in a DA/SA. My glock 19 has around a 6.5 lb trigger and I want to get it a little heavier. Also, does anyone know of a good trigger gauge?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I saw someone post that they carry a glock with a 3 lb trigger appendix. I am pretty sure I started to hyper ventilate for them. The trigger you described is exactly what I want in a DA/SA. My glock 19 has around a 6.5 lb trigger and I want to get it a little heavier. Also, does anyone know of a good trigger gauge?
    I have the Lyman Electronic gauge. It's worked as advertised for the two years I've had it. In hindsight, given my relatively limited usage, I probably should have bought one of the less expensive mechanical models from Lyman/Wheeler.

That seems irresponsible to me regardless of where they carry it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want heavier, have you considered a "-" connector and a NY1 spring. Never tried myself but it's supposed to be more revolver like, and heavier than the normal setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    If you want heavier, have you considered a "-" connector and a NY1 spring. Never tried myself but it's supposed to be more revolver like, and heavier than the normal setup.
    I'm gonna shoot it for 4-5k and see if it grows on me. If not I'll try a heavier set up. Thanks for the tip!

I like my TDA guns to clock between 8-6# DA and right about 4# SA.

That's right where a SIG w a little polishing or about 3-5 cases of ammo through it lands.
    @breakingtime91 Give the minus and NY1 a shot. It's cheap to do. I think I have an extra factory minus in my parts bin if you need one. The reset is perfect for me as it isn't ever mushy so it's easy to reset in the recoil stage.

I'm gonna shoot it for 4-5k and see if it grows on me. If not I'll try a heavier set up. Thanks for the tip!
    I actually really want to try that setup, mostly because it's supposed to be more like a DA revolver and that interests me a great deal. There's just a couple kinks, namely that it worked good in gen 3 Glocks but winds up too damn heavy in Gen 4. My hands and Gen 3 do not get along all that well from past experience, but Gen 4 is agreeable.....

Someday I'll cowboy up and drop the combo into a gen 4 along with a Gen 3 trigger bar and see what happens.

What creeps me out about very light triggers on a Glock is the compromises they require in reliability. In terms of handling safety, I am
    not convinced the difference between a 3, 4, 5 or 6 pound trigger is likely to matter, assuming they all have the same amount of travel.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I run this setup on my practice Glock 17, except the connector is stock. Long revolver like trigger. There is a wall if you look for it. I ran it today doing a private lesson/coaching with local talent. Easy to get good hits.

E

Site Supporter
    This setup will provide a trigger pull that has a consistent weight from beginning to end, and a crisper letoff, than a stock gen. 2 or 3 trigger. It will be about 7 lb. I would not bother modifying the stock gen. 4 Glocks I have seen, but this setup works very well for previous generation Glocks.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List