Thread: RFI Truck Floor Liners

Site Supporter

RFI Truck Floor Liners

So after a wreck totaled the wife's Grand Cherokee two weeks ago we picked up a new to her Expedition EL last weekend. With three kids and an unpaved drive it's quickly becoming apparent some type of floor liners will be necessary to keep the vehicle in decent condition. I'm initially looking for front and second row floor liners. Down the road I may explore third row and cargo area but not at this time.

Weathertech is a common name in this category and I previously had good experience with Husky liners but that's been 15+ years ago. Is either of these appreciably better than the other and are there any other options I should consider?

My main objective is keeping sand and spills out of the carpet.

The interior is grey.

Thanks!
    Last edited by rd62; 04-27-2017 at 07:29 PM.

I use Husky liners. Check the WeatherTech ones to see how far up the dead pedal space they cover. On my Escape the WT only went up half way, the Huskys fully cover the dead pedal. So for snow and mud it was more protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RFI Truck Floor Liners

I bought a set of Weathertech front floor liners off Amazon for my truck in Nov 2015. Just turned 32k; I have had them in the truck the whole time, which is our only vehicle. Fit is perfect.

I took them out yesterday, scrubbed them, coated them with Aerospace 303, and reinstalled. I do this every couple of months.

They literally look brand new. I am extremely happy with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RJ; 04-27-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Site Supporter
    I like WeatherTech floor liners. Tip - watch Craigslist, Ebay etc for sale ads - people wreck the car or turn in the lease and sell pretty cheap.

I had Weathertech in my old truck and got Husky to try for the current truck; the wife's Odyssey has full Weathertechs in it as well. I can't really say I have a preference for either - both good products. I will say I think the Weathertechs fit in my Tacoma slightly better than the Husky fit my F150, however I think that's exaggerated greatly by how the Tacoma floorboard was shaped vs. the F150. The Ford has an edge of the liner that creates a flat edge, whereas the Taco was more "bowl" shaped and didn't have that horizontal overlap to potentially curl or roll up (sorry if that's hard to visualize).
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Weathertechs for 10 years in 2 different Tacomas (same mats). Also have had them in the wife's Acadia for 6 years. Along with Wet Okole seat covers they are a good investment for keeping a vehicle safe from kids, wet shorts, muddy boots, etc.

I have had weathertechs in 2 different vehicles and had no issues with them for fit,finish and ease of maintenance. They protect well even in midwest snow,slush and salt so I am sold on their value. I just got a new vehicle and will add them soon before stains or damage can occur. I have used Subaru,Dodge and Ford heavy duty all weather floor mats and none cover the edges very well and all added thickness.

WeatherTechs for the win. We have them in my Tundra and the wife's Highlander, they have a better fit and finish than anything else I have seen.

Another happy Weathertech customer here. Have had them (front, rear, and cargo) since I got the vehicle in September, 2012. Carpets underneath look brand new.

Weathertech. I wish they were a little higher on the sides by the console but overall probably the best fit and finish.

User Tag List