Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Armed robbery of a Jimmy John's cashier - Kansas City, MO

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I am not your lawyer, I am not giving legal advice. Any opinions expressed or questions asked are my personal ones and in no way are those of any past or present employer.

So what say the group re using deadly force on the robber if you accurately perceived that the gun was out of battery when he was pointing the gun at the employee and otherwise making his demands?
    What's out of battery one second is in battery another. I'd consider it a short time bonus for your draw if anything, all it potentially needs is a bonk on the back of the slide to be working.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Sounds like an okay kid. Glad he wasn't hurt by that felon.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/35282357/...nts-experience

Tuker Murray, 24, has been working at the Jimmy John's at 39th and Broadway for four years. He's the assistant general manager and he's never been robbed until Wednesday night.

"He walked in like a normal customer and proceeded to order a sandwich and asked what kind of cheese we have and what type of chips,” Murray recalled.

Then he pulled a gun out of his hoodie.

Murray says he was both amused and disgusted, but not scared.

Murray has a gun himself. He didn't notice that the slide didn't engage properly, he just got a vibe.
    "Rayford (the repeat felon) told them he stole the guns from his crack dealer, who he owed money to, so that he could do a robbery and settle the debt."

That is hilarious, you can't make this shit up.
    Last edited by SsevenN; 05-02-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

nononono.... this one is better!!!

He was on parole for a 2008 robbery and told police he was considering violating parole so he could go back to prison, because following the conditions of his parole was hard.
    I quote my wife...
    Stupid is as stupid does.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    I didn't read all the posts but I have seen more than a few "staged" armed robberies to pay off drug debts. Not to mention a lot of "inside" armed robberies. Usually they start out as "I can't describe him beyond he had a gun"

I see a a remarkable number of armed robberies go not as planned due to malfunctioning pistols. It's the Kansas City way.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

User Tag List