Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Armed robbery of a Jimmy John's cashier - Kansas City, MO

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I love Jimmy Johns and dirtbag has violated them,. I hope they hunt that scumbag to the ends of the earth.

That and I would have enjoyed grabbing that pistol with 2 hands, cranking it muzzle down and his wrists up and then lifting for all I was worth. Deliciously painful. It's out of battery - time to have some fun.

My guess would be that he could just rack it and shoot me. It seemed to me to be the perfect time for a nice smooth controlled draw... No more robbery.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

I agree with Trooper 224, this probably isn't the first time the employee has had a gun in his face. Could be his upbringing with an abusive father, had been involved in a gang, or a had seen a gun in his face previous robbery. He also could have received training from JJ on how to react when someone is robbing you and just went through the motions that he was taught.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

If I'm ever robbed I can only hope the guy is as incompetent as the dipshit in the video. Only thing that's missing is him accidentally shooting himself.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I was in a JJ's just yesterday. Out of the six to eight employees present, half were obviously stoners and only a couple seemed halfway focused on the task at hand. If someone had held the place up, at least half of them probably wouldn't have noticed. A quarter of a century ago when I was a fresh young rookie, I walked into a situation very much like that at about two in the morning. It was a mom and pop style stop and rob on the north side of the metro. The big franchise stores were just starting to move in and most were still family run businesses. Their views on robbery weren't quite so "corporate". The differences were, we both had guns that worked and the clerk wasn't nearly as laissez-faire as the young hippster at JJ's. Needless to say, the outcome was a bit different.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 04-28-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    I don't think ANY of the participants realized the gun wasn't functional at that point in time.
    "I didn't realize that when I pulled the 12 gauge from under the counter and lit up his jaw."

I am from KCMO and a local poster who knows the cashier said that it's his normal demeanor, gun in the face or not.

To elaborate on my previous post:

I've never had a gun maliciously pointed at me but I'm certain I'd have the same overwhelming desire to look at the gun as any time else a gun has been in my presence. Seeing the slide out of battery, I might take a second to consider my options, especially if I was carrying.

In any case, the employee obviously made the right decision under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I was in a JJ's just yesterday. Out of the six to eight employees present, half were obviously stoners and only a couple seemed halfway focused on the task at hand.
    Depends on the location, like all places. Here they're all pretty active college kids.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Sounds like an okay kid. Glad he wasn't hurt by that felon.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/35282357/...nts-experience

Tuker Murray, 24, has been working at the Jimmy John's at 39th and Broadway for four years. He's the assistant general manager and he's never been robbed until Wednesday night.

"He walked in like a normal customer and proceeded to order a sandwich and asked what kind of cheese we have and what type of chips,” Murray recalled.

Then he pulled a gun out of his hoodie.

Murray says he was both amused and disgusted, but not scared.

Murray has a gun himself. He didn't notice that the slide didn't engage properly, he just got a vibe.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustOneGun View Post
    My guess would be that he could just rack it and shoot me. It seemed to me to be the perfect time for a nice smooth controlled draw... No more robbery.
    Yeah I would have just drawn and shot him, not gonna mess around playing Bruce Lee.

User Tag List