Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed robbery of a Jimmy John's cashier - Kansas City, MO

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I guess we expect panic and freakout due to our training and internet conditioning but there are a lot of cool cucumbers walking around too.

Funny at the very end of the vid, the last movement you see appears to be someone has pulled off their gloves and tossed it into the screen in the trash; "I'm outta here".
    It's funny you said that I was thinking the exact same thing. Must have been heading outside for a smoke break. Probably needed one after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Piss test. He might have been too stoned to be scared.

Okie John
    The thought occurred to me but I wasn't getting the vibe. (At least not a strong sensation off the bat.)

Clearly, he could have been an old hand at being robbed. I've met several folks who have been in that situation over the years.

Anyway, it is what it is and whatever effort is put into the investigation won't constitute rocket science.
    Last edited by blues; 04-28-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I love Jimmy Johns and dirtbag has violated them,. I hope they hunt that scumbag to the ends of the earth.

That and I would have enjoyed grabbing that pistol with 2 hands, cranking it muzzle down and his wrists up and then lifting for all I was worth. Deliciously painful. It's out of battery - time to have some fun.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I love Jimmy Johns and dirtbag has violated them,. I hope they hunt that scumbag to the ends of the earth.

That and I would have enjoyed grabbing that pistol with 2 hands, cranking it muzzle down and his wrists up and then lifting for all I was worth. Deliciously painful. It's out of battery - time to have some fun.
    Here is what I saw in the calm clerk's thought cloud ("He fricken jammed his gun! OK be cool, don't embarrass him about it now. It's cool. Keep things moving."
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    This is what I see.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

It's Jimmy Johns in KCMO. That's not a robbery, it's just Wednesday.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I think if they knew each other there never would have been an attempt to chamber a round. You can see where the DB sees he jams and tries to hide the gun, I think the employee saw it too and just knew what was up and tried to end it as quick as possible just in the off chance the DB knew how to clear the weapon. Smart move and big stones either way.

I only watched it once, but this was my immediate impression:

1. The Cashier isn't terribly intimidated by being robbed or being threatened with the gun. I can only guess to the "why" having no more to go on than the video.

2. The BG is also aware of that fact that he ain't got the guy spooked and tries several times to assert himself in an effort intimidate the Cashier.

3. The Cashier ultimately gets a little pissed at the failed threats and I think he might have resisted if he could muster the will and had the means to do so.

I don't think ANY of the participants realized the gun wasn't functional at that point in time.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    I only watched it once, but this was my immediate impression:

1. The Cashier isn't terribly intimidated by being robbed or being threatened with the gun. I can only guess to the "why" having no more to go on than the video.

2. The BG is also aware of that fact that he ain't got the guy spooked and tries several times to assert himself in an effort intimidate the Cashier.

3. The Cashier ultimately gets a little pissed at the failed threats and I think he might have resisted if he could muster the will and had the means to do so.

I don't think ANY of the participants realized the gun wasn't functional at that point in time.
    USPSA gives you up to 2 minutes to fix your gun in the event of a malfunction.

I think the Jimmy Johns staff would have given him even longer, even if he was harshing their mellow.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 04-28-2017 at 02:08 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List