Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What to do in the drive-through?

"Being older and having been an officer for 20 years I developed a generalized theory. "What I do right before I ever know I will have to use force often determines how that use of force will turn out." That physical act often determined the outcome more than my training or mental toughness, etc. "

That is treasure.

This thread makes me happy that the ATM I use most often is in the Pentagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    ...Using ATMs at night in urban environments is like regularly banging prostitutes without a condom...
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I don't carry or use them either.
    Ummmm.... is phrasing still a thing? Because it really should be. Like disco or fanny packs, it never really goes away and every 5-10 years it makes a giant comeback.

On task, this; "Again on the ATM, why? JMO". Just say no to ATMs.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Nicely done, Paul. Well played.

On topic: I don't visit prostitutes, employ their services nor the justly dreaded raincoats...and ATMs and debit cards receive the same treatment.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    On topic: I don't visit prostitutes, employ their services nor the justly dreaded raincoats...and ATMs and debit cards receive the same treatment.
    Nice to hear, incidentally, of another person who doesn't like debit cards. I guess I had the impression that I was unusual on that score.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Interesting thread turn. Count me among the people who A) flew with their own naïveté and paid off the mortgage early and B) has no earthly idea what the PIN number on my card is. Everyone always looks at me like I've got Botox lips on my forehead when I tell them to run the card as credit, because I don't know the pin, but there it is.

I tell them to run the card as credit, because I don't know the pin, but there it is.
    You're better off running it as credit due to the better consumer protections offered, so that's an extra bonus!

Interesting thread turn. Count me among the people who A) flew with their own naïveté and paid off the mortgage early and B) has no earthly idea what the PIN number on my card is. Everyone always looks at me like I've got Botox lips on my forehead when I tell them to run the card as credit, because I don't know the pin, but there it is.

LOL...

On the flip side I've never over drawn, had fraud or forgot the PIN on my cash.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Three weeks ago, we had our Visa card (chipped) used for a $100 charge in...Nairobi. (We ain't in Nairobi).

My guess is we got skimmed by a gas station, en route somewhere's.

Y'all got any advice for recognizing skimmers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Three weeks ago, we had our Visa card (chipped) used for a $100 charge in...Nairobi. (We ain't in Nairobi).

My guess is we got skimmed by a gas station, en route somewhere's.

Y'all got any advice for recognizing skimmers?
    Identifying fraud on a card is a crapshoot,from the victims view.

Card data could be compromised from any number of places. Sometimes not even from a purchase- and perhaps months after the fact. A merchant you used six months ago with transaction data going back multiple years could be compromised recently.

Only proven way to manage this is to snag a prepaid card,preload funds needed for the purchase and assume it will be compromised eventually.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 04-30-2017 at 10:42 PM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List