Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lott: Most homicides in U.S. occurred in 5 percent of counties

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Well that was attempted and didn't seem to work...

Guy I used to work with that retired a few years ago (40ish years on the job, vietnam vet, marine, alcoholic) used to constantly interject with shit like that.

He'd walk up to guys talking about some messed up call and he'd go, "B52 bomber, high altitude, carpet bomb the whole are. Savages, the whole lot. I've seen some savages, and these are no different..." - talking about the project areas.
    Exactly the sort of pie-in-the-sky attitude that I'm making fun of.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Exactly the sort of pie-in-the-sky attitude that I'm making fun of.
    Well he's old so, that's that...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Totally meant in jest/for lulz. Is it really any surprise that there will be more human confrontations in areas where there are more humans per sq mile? Obviously population density is not the only factor, but it is clearly a necessary part of the formula.
    There is a bit more to it IMO. Its not just a % game when it comes to high density large metroplexes. There is the anonymity associated with being in a large crowd. Small towns have their fair share of assholes, but in a city like Houston and its various suburbs you truly are anonymous and can get away with more before someone recognizes you. Large metros also tend to offer far more in the social services category. That tends to attract low SES low education types. They also tend to be more liberal aka kind gentle police. Hug a thug mentality from the city councils.. They are almost like a perfect pot for shit stew.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Overlay the map with a map of large concentrations of young drug offenders, and I think you'll see a pattern.

Young, uneducated, unskilled folks "raising" more young, unskilled, uneducated folks...Rarely ends well.

US murders concentrated in 5 percent of counties

“It is stunning how concentrated murders are in the U.S.,” John Lott, president of the CPRC said to Fox News. “And we show that even within these counties, with all these high rates, murders are very concentrated.” “These high [rate] counties have very large areas where there are no murders.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/26...-counties.html

A map showing the largest geographical concentrations of murder incidents across the country. (CPRC )

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/26...-counties.html

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Well that was attempted and didn't seem to work...

Guy I used to work with that retired a few years ago (40ish years on the job, vietnam vet, marine, alcoholic) used to constantly interject with shit like that.

He'd walk up to guys talking about some messed up call and he'd go, "B52 bomber, high altitude, carpet bomb the whole are. Savages, the whole lot. I've seen some savages, and these are no different..." - talking about the project areas.
    One would think that Philly cop would MOVE on...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I'm sure Orleans Parish is one of the 5.

JR1572

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    There is a bit more to it IMO. Its not just a % game when it comes to high density large metroplexes. There is the anonymity associated with being in a large crowd. Small towns have their fair share of assholes, but in a city like Houston and its various suburbs you truly are anonymous and can get away with more before someone recognizes you. Large metros also tend to offer far more in the social services category. That tends to attract low SES low education types. They also tend to be more liberal aka kind gentle police. Hug a thug mentality from the city councils.. They are almost like a perfect pot for shit stew.
    Large metros are also the economic engines of the country and draw high concentrations of upper middle class white collar skilled labor.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Large metros are also the economic engines of the country and draw high concentrations of upper middle class white collar skilled labor.
    “And we show that even within these counties, with all these high rates, murders are very concentrated.” I suspect this was not in the upper middle class white collar skilled labor section of the neighborhood you reference, but I could be mistaken. Note also the quote, "I don’t want to push it too far." Wonder why?
    Last edited by Willard; 04-27-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Overlay the map with a map of large concentrations of young drug offenders, and I think you'll see a pattern.
    I'm sure that map also matches up with areas who vote for the democrat party exclusively.

User Tag List