Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lott: Most homicides in U.S. occurred in 5 percent of counties

Lott: Most homicides in U.S. occurred in 5 percent of counties

The vast majority of homicides occurred in just 5 percent of counties, and even there the murders were localized, with some neighborhoods untouched by the violence, according to a new report released Tuesday by the Crime Prevention Research Center. “I just think most people have a real misunderstanding about how heavily concentrated murders are,” said John R. Lott Jr., the author of the study. “You have over half the murders in the United States taking place in 2 percent of the counties.”
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-countys-says/

One difference in the county-by-county numbers was that gun ownership was heaviest in rural and suburban areas where there were few murders, Mr. Lott said. “It has to do with lots of things. I don’t want to push it too far,” he said. “But the thing is, it’s still just striking.” “The places where we see the murders tend to be those area[s], the urban areas, and even tiny areas within those areas, where legal gun ownership is itself relatively rare,” he said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-countys-says/

Site Supporter
    Maybe I missed it but would it kill the journalist to link to a list of the counties in question?

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Maybe I missed it but would it kill the journalist to link to a list of the counties in question?
    ...and show that those counties are majority black and hispanic populated?

That's just not ethical.

The truth that is, for the reporter.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

AND that's why I stay away from those areas I just had this conversation with someone that asked if I believed it was true? When I said yes, they asked why Anyone would need to carry a gun everywhere they went? I said, 2A. Also I support Trump but I don't see how most of those shitholes can be cleaned up.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    I don't see how most of those shitholes can be cleaned up.
    MOAB?

(too soon?)
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 04-27-2017 at 02:50 PM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    MOAB?

(too soon?)
    No. Too late.

Let me look at my crystal ball and see: high population density areas (Chicago, NYC, Houston, LA...), low SES/education levels, probably high minority density, and best of all lots of liberal politics. How did I do??

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    No. Too late.

Let me look at my crystal ball and see: high population density areas (Chicago, NYC, Houston, LA...), low SES/education levels, probably high minority density, and best of all lots of liberal politics. How did I do??
    Totally meant in jest/for lulz. Is it really any surprise that there will be more human confrontations in areas where there are more humans per sq mile? Obviously population density is not the only factor, but it is clearly a necessary part of the formula.
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 04-27-2017 at 03:23 PM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    MOAB?
    Well that was attempted and didn't seem to work...

Guy I used to work with that retired a few years ago (40ish years on the job, vietnam vet, marine, alcoholic) used to constantly interject with shit like that.

He'd walk up to guys talking about some messed up call and he'd go, "B52 bomber, high altitude, carpet bomb the whole are. Savages, the whole lot. I've seen some savages, and these are no different..." - talking about the project areas.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Overlay the map with a map of large concentrations of young drug offenders, and I think you'll see a pattern.

User Tag List