Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Practiscore

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This is correct. The good version is for a Droid. I often borrow my buddy's phone on the way home from the match to see how much better I could have done if I didn't do X, Y or Z. On the iPhone, I just go through Safari and it is adequate. I never use the apple app.
    Huh? Most of functionality is matches one to one between iOS and Android. Which features or what-ifs are you missing? the about screen does have details where to contact developer or send suggestions and other requests...

PractiScore Competitor is worth buying but it’s buggy (iOS) and crashes often.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That one I'm aware of. The iOS app is getting out of memory after some use and I'm having hard time chasing that down... But there is still hope.

Quote Originally Posted by euxx View Post
    Huh? Most of functionality is matches one to one between iOS and Android. Which features or what-ifs are you missing? the about screen does have details where to contact developer or send suggestions and other requests...
    Do you realize in December 2018 you are quoting a statement I made in April 2017?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do you realize in December 2018 you are quoting a statement I made in April 2017?
    Yeah. This thread pops up at the top when searching for PractiScore. Quoted post, is either not correct or outdated now. At very least it is worth to point that out.

Hey, could you email support@practiscore.com if you would be willing to play with the iOS app test builds and report back if you notice any improvements in regards to stability?

Quote Originally Posted by euxx View Post
    Hey, could you email support@practiscore.com if you would be willing to play with the iOS app test builds and report back if you notice any improvements in regards to stability?
    Email inbound.

I just got back from shooting Area 1. I was reviewing scores and videos, and discovered that my actual time on one stage was 10.0s faster than entered in Practiscore. Using Practiscore Competitor I calculated that the scoring error cost me 7th place overall in Production, and 3rd Master. It's totally on me for not checking the timer vs. the score, but I was already unhappy with that stage, and didn't do it.

Anyway, this post isn't just to whine about my lost trophy... I really hope we can get more clubs and matches to use shot timers (e.g. AMG Lab Commander) that sync directly with Practiscore.

@alexmg
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-24-2019 at 06:29 PM.

I just got back from shooting Area 1. I was reviewing scores and videos, and discovered that my actual time on one stage was 10.0s faster than entered in Practiscore. Using Practiscore Competitor I calculated that the scoring error cost me 7th place overall in Production, and 3rd Master. It's totally on me for not checking the timer vs. the score, but I was already unhappy with that stage, and didn't do it.

Anyway, this post isn't just to whine about my lost trophy... I really hope we can get more clubs and matches to use shot timers (e.g. AMG Lab Commander) that sync directly with Practiscore.

@alexmg
    I totally agree, first - Commander uses different and improved shot detection algorithm which, while being sensitive enough for those quiet guns makes shot detection less prone to stray waveforms from adjacent bays, or accidental bumps and slide racks/slams detected as shot when it set to higher sensitivity range. Second - ability to visualize entire string of fire in PractiScore Competitor can help detecting those extra seconds in the end shall they happen. Third - with Scorekeeper being able to pull score on demand at anytime instantaneously, he/she can lock the correct time immediately after shooter done shooting, eliminating that window of error while RO clearing shooter.
    Of course no RO+Timer+Scorekeeper+Shooter combination is 100% immune to user error, especially under match pressure but it helps to have few extra tools that add extra layer of confidence to match time/score-keeping, right?

User Tag List