Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Practiscore

Practiscore

I'm a noobie U Production shooter.

I've heard of this tool, Practiscore, available for my iPhone on the App Store for $10.

I'm good with buying it, just wanted some feedback from you more experienced guys.

Is this the 'go to' tool for USPSA?

Rich

I use it for evaluating my practice sessions, basically scoring each run of a drill, then tracking those over time to see improvement (hopefully).

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

So far as I know, Practiscore is free for the downloading. I have it on iPhones, iPads, Sumsung.tablets and Nooks. Cost nothing. They accept donations, which I've done.

It's a great tool. I've managed to cobble together a few Linksys routers (updated with Tomato or DDWRT firmware to give them more functionality) to get a usable WiFi network. The routers run off 12vdc, so it's no big trick to place them on strategically located vehicles on the range to get coverage during matches.

A great project for us nerd types. ��
    Last edited by NETim; 04-26-2017 at 05:52 PM.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Newish to competing get the free. Hardcore gamer buy the $10. Or buy it just to support such an awesome company.

The paid version lets you do things to put that "shoulda coulda woulda" to the test. You can change around match scores (only on your end) and check out the different variables. I like it.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Newish to competing get the free. Hardcore gamer buy the $10. Or buy it just to support such an awesome company.

The paid version lets you do things to put that "shoulda coulda woulda" to the test. You can change around match scores (only on your end) and check out the different variables. I like it.
    As someone familiar with software development, I'm good with paying the $10. Thank for the inputs, guys.

Last I checked the iPhone version doesn't have all of the "what if" options the android version does but supposedly it is coming.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Practiscore is free, and you don't just need to use it to score actual matches. I find it handy to load up the included classifiers and score myself as a one man match to see how I can do.

Practiscore Competitor is the paid app, and allows you to view match results with a few charts and such to see how you stacked up. Also allows you to tweak the shooter's scores to play what-if, which usually isn't productive but it's a fun way to burn some time.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Last I checked the iPhone version doesn't have all of the "what if" options the android version does but supposedly it is coming.
    This is correct. The good version is for a Droid. I often borrow my buddy's phone on the way home from the match to see how much better I could have done if I didn't do X, Y or Z. On the iPhone, I just go through Safari and it is adequate. I never use the apple app.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I bought the Competitor app and I like it. For dummies like me it really helps to analyze the speed / accuracy thing. You do have to remember how you shot the stage and whether you could've made realistic changes to it, but seeing if that C or D was or wasn't worth shaving off .25 or 0.5 or whathaveyou to me is helpful.
    Last edited by YVK; 04-27-2017 at 07:53 PM.

it is a great app and I use it all the time now.

User Tag List