Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD-E??

Looking at some used samples of these at/under $300. Any more thoughts for TDA shooters looking for a G43 sized gun?

They offer this in .45ACP now...

Springfield XD-E??

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Is it only price that would attract one to the XD E vs the PX4 compact or is the thinness it?
    As a Beretta PX4 Storm full-size owner, it was actually both factors in the price as well as thinness to conceal EDC that attracted me to purchase an XD-E over the PX4 compact or subcompact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tazgator; 01-09-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Really needing HK to drop a single stack P30SK. I'm sure I can put that in the "never" file though.
    Last edited by ChaseN; 01-09-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    Really needing HK to drop a single stack P30SK. I'm sure I can put that in the "never" file though.
    I’d be in on that, but agree on not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I rented one yesterday - I really, really like it.

DA pull was similar to a Beretta 92 with a "D" spring.

Now, just waiting to get my hands on one. Shop only had the rental gun so far
    I know this is an old post, but this is encouraging. Sure wish I could get a chance to shoot one.

"It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I guess this means the thing is selling well enough to justify line extension models? That is kind of surprising.

two months ago I was in the gunshop handling the XD-E and pleasantly surprised. didn't expect to have any interest in the gun particularly as it doesn't look like anything special on paper. 25 oz, flush fit mag holding 8 rounds. the shop's price was very good at $400 so my curiosity took over and my wallet didn't argue. I anticipated keeping the pinky extension but when I tried the flush fit baseplate I was surprised it actually felt better. I'm able to just barely achieve a full 3 finger grip. my hands are on the larger size. anyone with small to medium sized hands will be able to get a full grip. at the range my first impressions were that it was very comfortable in my hand, pointed well and overall has a very solid feel both during handling and cycling. the DA trigger at first sort of sucked and I had to focus extra hard on my sight picture. the SA was great at 5 lbs. now after 530 rounds the mainspring has smoothened out with considerably less stacking and now a 9.5 - 10 lb DA pull which allows for easy hits on steel at 20 yards (more than sufficient for defensive purposes).

some folk have complained that the bore height is too high. it's actually not. it's the same as other DA pistols such as the PX4 storm or HK P2000/P30. because the XD-E is so thin, it gives the illusion of being higher but it's not. the recoil impulse is a bit flippier than an XDS or similarly weighed striker 9mm but it's still very mild and easy to shoot quickly in 9mm. i am less interested in the 45acp XDE mostly due to cost of ammunition and diminished capacity, although given the increased momentum of the cartridge I could see the XD-E in 45acp being rather flippy. the gun has been 100% reliable now at 530 rounds including HST's in 124/147gr and hornady critical defense 115 gr. ejection is robust and consistent. cases land about 15 feet to the right. none have hit me in the face. i have not shot groups but it has no issue connecting on 6" steel targets at 20 yards with any bullet weights so for defensive purposes it's plenty tolerant of any ammo. magazines eject with authority including when the slide is locked back. magazine compatibility with the XD-S is another perk.

in terms of CCW, the XD-E is easy to carry IWB. for strongside it's similar to a Glock 43x or Walther CCP in terms of concealing the grip. now appendix is where I have found the gun to shine. I always understood the premise being re-holstering with a thumb over the hammer but now having this in AIWB I absolutely fell in love with it. I'm not ragging on AIWB or looking to fan any flames, but I personally feel warm and fuzzy reholstering this XD-E with my thumb over the hammer. there's a level of mechanical "inertness" with which I am pleased. the only change I would make would be to swap the decocker-safety to a decocker only. I do G conversions on all my berettas and V3 detent plates for my USP's. However the XD-E's safety is stiff and low profile so I don't see it engaging while holstered. I would be interested in the 3.8" model for sure. overall I'm impressed by my XD-E and did not expect to have so much affection towards this pistol.

wondering what have been others' experiences with the XD-E?

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    two months ago I was in the gunshop handling the XD-E and pleasantly surprised. didn't expect to have any interest in the gun particularly as it doesn't look like anything special on paper. 25 oz, flush fit mag holding 8 rounds. the shop's price was very good at $400 so my curiosity took over and my wallet didn't argue. I anticipated keeping the pinky extension but when I tried the flush fit baseplate I was surprised it actually felt better. I'm able to just barely achieve a full 3 finger grip. my hands are on the larger size. anyone with small to medium sized hands will be able to get a full grip. at the range my first impressions were that it was very comfortable in my hand, pointed well and overall has a very solid feel both during handling and cycling. the DA trigger at first sort of sucked and I had to focus extra hard on my sight picture. the SA was great at 5 lbs. now after 530 rounds the mainspring has smoothened out with considerably less stacking and now a 9.5 - 10 lb DA pull which allows for easy hits on steel at 20 yards (more than sufficient for defensive purposes).

some folk have complained that the bore height is too high. it's actually not. it's the same as other DA pistols such as the PX4 storm or HK P2000/P30. because the XD-E is so thin, it gives the illusion of being higher but it's not. the recoil impulse is a bit flippier than an XDS or similarly weighed striker 9mm but it's still very mild and easy to shoot quickly in 9mm. i am less interested in the 45acp XDE mostly due to cost of ammunition and diminished capacity, although given the increased momentum of the cartridge I could see the XD-E in 45acp being rather flippy. the gun has been 100% reliable now at 530 rounds including HST's in 124/147gr and hornady critical defense 115 gr. ejection is robust and consistent. cases land about 15 feet to the right. none have hit me in the face. i have not shot groups but it has no issue connecting on 6" steel targets at 20 yards with any bullet weights so for defensive purposes it's plenty tolerant of any ammo. magazines eject with authority including when the slide is locked back. magazine compatibility with the XD-S is another perk.

in terms of CCW, the XD-E is easy to carry IWB. for strongside it's similar to a Glock 43x or Walther CCP in terms of concealing the grip. now appendix is where I have found the gun to shine. I always understood the premise being re-holstering with a thumb over the hammer but now having this in AIWB I absolutely fell in love with it. I'm not ragging on AIWB or looking to fan any flames, but I personally feel warm and fuzzy reholstering this XD-E with my thumb over the hammer. there's a level of mechanical "inertness" with which I am pleased. the only change I would make would be to swap the decocker-safety to a decocker only. I do G conversions on all my berettas and V3 detent plates for my USP's. However the XD-E's safety is stiff and low profile so I don't see it engaging while holstered. I would be interested in the 3.8" model for sure. overall I'm impressed by my XD-E and did not expect to have so much affection towards this pistol.

wondering what have been others' experiences with the XD-E?

If you can manage, I'd love a reliability update once you cross the 5k mark, or even the 2k mark. Big thing that keeps holding me off on one is a lack of longer term and higher round count evaluation

User Tag List