Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD-E??

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Exact quote, face to face with a Springfield Armory engineer: "This is the first XD product that I've really kinda wanted to buy." Hand to God I said that.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Personally, I am hoping for a single stack 9mm TDA hammer fired gun. There are enough striker fired single stack 9mms out there.
    That's a market niche that only the P239 has occupied for too long.

Not that the 239 isn't awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Yeah, I can't say I disagree. But honestly, Glocks and M&Ps are just as "meh" to me. Really... other than the P99... polymer framed striker fired guns just don't get my "juices flowin'"

Okay, the Glock 36 is kinda cool too. Just because it's the weirdest, most hipster Glock. Doesn't change the fact I'd be scared to blow my _ick off if I carried it though.
    Proper training supercedes equipment, the gun doesn't really matter as much as the training.

Also thankfully that there are various pistols out there that fit numerous people's requirements.

This one won't fit mine, but if it fits yours, great, make sure to train with it before carrying.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Proper training supercedes equipment...
    Hubris precedes Nemesis.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Hubris precedes Nemesis.
    I hold no hubris when the nemesis is a 4.5 lb trigger aimed at... you know.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Personally, I am hoping for a single stack 9mm TDA hammer fired gun. There are enough striker fired single stack 9mms out there.
    There are plenty but not many in the mid size range similar to a Glock 19. Most are smaller with max barrel length of 3.6" with similar size grip length. I have small hands and would like to see more manufacturers offer mid size single stack 9 striker fired. I'm not as much a TDA fan but the 225, 239 and 220 Sigs are pretty decent if I was.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    XD-E for EVERYZONE

Stamped on the trigger? BANGZONE
    Stamped on the grip? GRIPZONE
    Stamped on the slide? ZOOMZONE
    Stamped on the ejector? FLYZONE
    Stamped on the barrel? PRESSUREZONE

With Springfield Armory's revolutionary Tactical Namezone Technology (TNT), Operators will maintain situational awareness of the constituent components of their battle implement and more effectively engage the OPFOR with the oldest name in American firearms.

PROTECT YOUR ZONES.
    I literally laughed out loud.

Site Supporter
    In regard to a TDA single stack. I wish there was a reliable (I know I have said this in another thread) TDA pistol the size of the P232. I could even stand it being in .380 and it would fill a specific role. However all the single stack TDAs I know off are as big or bigger than the Glock 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Hubris precedes Nemesis.
    Much clever
    Most intelligent
    Many witty
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    In regard to a TDA single stack. I wish there was a reliable (I know I have said this in another thread) TDA pistol the size of the P232. I could even stand it being in .380 and it would fill a specific role. However all the single stack TDAs I know off are as big or bigger than the Glock 19.
    I'm 100% with you there. I've often thought about getting another P230/2. Mine had feeding issues with flat points... and I gather that's not exactly a rarity with those guns (mine was a 230; maybe the 232 is better). It was a very accurate shooter though.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 04-26-2017 at 08:12 PM.

User Tag List