Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD-E??

Honestly, there is simply nothing Springfield can release in the XD line that would get anything more than a "meh."
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Honestly, there is simply nothing Springfield can release in the XD line that would get anything more than a "meh."
    I dunno, I think the Xd guns... ahem.. the HS Produkt guns... are good guns. The ones I've handled seemed well made and high quality. The XDSs seemed higher quality than the Shield, and every bit as good as the PPS. I'm not a striker fired gun fan, so no XDs for me. But if there was a solid DA/SA option coming out of that factory in Croatia... I dunno. I'd look at it. Especially if it was metal framed. And especially if it didn't have a "grip zone."

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I dunno, I think the Xd guns... ahem.. the HS Produkt guns... are good guns. The ones I've handled seemed well made and high quality. The XDSs seemed higher quality than the Shield, and every bit as good as the PPS. I'm not a striker fired gun fan, so no XDs for me. But if there was a solid DA/SA option coming out of that factory in Croatia... I dunno. I'd look at it. Especially if it was metal framed. And especially if it didn't have a "grip zone."
    I have shot XD's on a few occasions, nothing serious though, my take on them never rose from a solid "meh."

Every serious shooter I have seen that showed up with an XD either switched to a Glock or to something that was acceptable (226/229, etc).
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Vending Machine Operator
    XD-E for EVERYZONE

Stamped on the trigger? BANGZONE
    Stamped on the grip? GRIPZONE
    Stamped on the slide? ZOOMZONE
    Stamped on the ejector? FLYZONE
    Stamped on the barrel? PRESSUREZONE

With Springfield Armory's revolutionary Tactical Namezone Technology (TNT), Operators will maintain situational awareness of the constituent components of their battle implement and more effectively engage the OPFOR with the oldest name in American firearms.

PROTECT YOUR ZONES.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    XD-E for EVERYZONE

With Springfield Armory's revolutionary Tactical Namezone Technology (TNT), Operators will maintain situational awareness of the constituent components of their battle implement and more effectively engage the OPFOR with the oldest name in American firearms.

PROTECT YOUR ZONES.
    hahahaha. Night sights? Twilight Zone?

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    XD-E for EVERYZONE

PROTECT YOUR ZONES.
    I'd seriously patent about half of that and wait for Springfield to offer the big bucks to use it.
    i used to wannabe

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I have shot XD's on a few occasions, nothing serious though, my take on them never rose from a solid "meh."

Every serious shooter I have seen that showed up with an XD either switched to a Glock or to something that was acceptable (226/229, etc).
    Yeah, I can't say I disagree. But honestly, Glocks and M&Ps are just as "meh" to me. Really... other than the P99... polymer framed striker fired guns just don't get my "juices flowin'"

Okay, the Glock 36 is kinda cool too. Just because it's the weirdest, most hipster Glock. Doesn't change the fact I'd be scared to blow my _ick off if I carried it though.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 04-26-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Site Supporter
    I was issued an XDM .40. It not only did not seem to be a quality gun, but was not the most reliable from what I remember. I think they would have been better off having a 13 round magazine vs the as many as we can cram in 16 round magazine.

Personally, I am hoping for a single stack 9mm TDA hammer fired gun. There are enough striker fired single stack 9mms out there.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Personally, I am hoping for a single stack 9mm TDA hammer fired gun. There are enough striker fired single stack 9mms out there.
    This. If there made a reliable discrete carry TDA, that would fill a much needed role for some of us.

User Tag List