Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD-E??

I ordered mine from Bud's. Last I checked, they still had some. I picked mine up on Monday and hope to put up some comparison pics this week. To me, this gun feels very much like a slender P2000. My DA pull is pretty heavy, but I haven't had it to the range yet, and have only dry-fired a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    I ordered mine from Bud's. Last I checked, they still had some. I picked mine up on Monday and hope to put up some comparison pics this week. To me, this gun feels very much like a slender P2000. My DA pull is pretty heavy, but I haven't had it to the range yet, and have only dry-fired a few times.
    I looked last night - all gone

Shot one of these yesterday and I'm going to pass. Pretty heavy DA trigger and the strongly-curved shape of the trigger hits my finger in the wrong spot. This is another guy's pistol, so I couldn't mess around with backstraps, but the shape of the grip is all wrong for me; points well but feels odd and recoils more sharply than, say, a Shield. I didn't like the thumb safety/decocker on HK pistols, and I don't like this one any better. I fired 20 rounds and saw another 40 or 50 fired; functioned fine but more of a pattern than a group.

Vending Machine Operator
    I was at my local gun guy a few weeks ago and two absolute jackasses came in talking about how they wanted a .45 for home defense because every other caliber would just make 'em mad and they wanted something with stopping power.

My local gun guy keeps well updated and stocked despite being a tiny operation. That wall had Gen 4 Glocks, Sig P320s, Beretta APX, M&P 2.0, Walther PPQ, HK VP9.

Dude chose an XD 2.0 with Grip Zone almost immediately.

I left without a gun that day, and without a shard of my soul.

Edit: Sorry, this post was not particularly on-topic. Coffee is still kicking in.

Hope the XD-E works out for everyone that goes that route. If it's awesome it's awesome.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 05-25-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I was at my local gun guy a few weeks ago and two absolute jackasses came in talking about how they wanted a .45 for home defense because every other caliber would just make 'em mad and they wanted something with stopping power.

My local gun guy keeps well updated and stocked despite being a tiny operation. That wall had Gen 4 Glocks, Sig P320s, Beretta APX, M&P 2.0, Walther PPQ, HK VP9.

Dude chose an XD 2.0 with Grip Zone almost immediately.

I left without a gun that day, and without a shard of my soul.

Edit: Sorry, this post was not particularly on-topic. Coffee is still kicking in.

Hope the XD-E works out for everyone that goes that route. If it's awesome it's awesome.
    I keep thinking maybe I'd like to work part time at a Gun Store...I'm sure it would be...educational. Eh. Maybe not.

Ditto on the XD-E. Kudos to SA for releasing a hammer gun into the sea of Austrian Tupperware. I doubt It will take up much with Cletus and Lurline out in East BFE, though.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I keep thinking maybe I'd like to work part time at a Gun Store...I'm sure it would be...educational. Eh. Maybe not.

Ditto on the XD-E. Kudos to SA for releasing a hammer gun into the sea of Austrian Tupperware. I doubt It will take up much with Cletus and Lurline out in East BFE, though.
    They kept doing this dopey giggle after everything. That's what got me. We want a .45. Huh huh. Maybe home defense. Huh huh. Good for carry. Huh huh.

The shameful thing is that I might try a few of the newer XD guns, there is some cool stuff there, I just literally cannot get over the Grip Zone. Same reason I didn't buy that Hornsby Zombie Max ammo. Guns are fun but they're not SLAPSTICK.

I'll hold an XD-E now out of pure guilt for taking random potshots at SA over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    ...functioned fine but more of a pattern than a group.
    Ten bucks says that "pattern" ain't the gun's fault.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Sucker bet!

(I've won that bet, more than once...)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I shoot most new pistols at 25 yards as part of figuring them out. I noticed on your website that you shot this pistol at 5 & 7 yards; did you do any shooting at 25 and, if so, what kind of groups did you get?

Calling people out.
    Returning fire nastily.
    PFestivus yet?

And I'm out! Going to GRIP ZONE something...

User Tag List