Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W Releases upgraded M&P 2.0 9mm

Site Supporter

S&W Releases upgraded M&P 2.0 9mm

It appears the M&P9 2.0 full size and compact will now come standard with the flat style trigger introduced on the Shield Plus and the CORE optics mount..

https://www.juliegolob.com/smith-wes...jlhD7wdcPiJEp8

Name:  F15F157A-7BED-4408-91F4-C40A33414838.jpg
Views: 2189
Size:  57.1 KB

introducing the newly enhanced M&P9 M2.0 Compact and the full-sized M&P M2.0.

Listening to feedback from consumers, our newest models come standard with a new trigger, optics ready cut slide, and a price point that maximizes the value and savings to our customers. By utilizing our C.O.R.E.™ system of mounting plates, the end-user can mount a variety of popular optics. Also included in this upgrade is our new M2.0 flat face trigger. This new design optimizes trigger finger positioning and delivers consistency for more accurate shot placement.

I'm starting to think that optics ready should be the new standard for service type pistols.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

They just narrowed the gap on the 19.5. The massive curve in the stock trigger used to be my biggest complaint. I kind of want one now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Not sure if this was a mistake or an Easter egg but take a look at the specs on the the new M&P9 4.25 Optics ready. 44.7oz?! The MS version says 44.8oz. Now clearly these two exact guns don’t weight that much, however, this could have been pulled from the specs from an upcoming steel framed version!

Name:  AD866EF3-BEEF-47BA-9896-3D6904CD08EB.jpg
Views: 1811
Size:  38.3 KB

Glad to see the trigger, but they need to fix the rear BUIS which is like a knife.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Not sure if this was a mistake or an Easter egg but take a look at the specs on the the new M&P9 4.25 Optics ready. 44.7oz?! The MS version says 44.8oz. Now clearly these two exact guns don’t weight that much, however, this could have been pulled from the specs from an upcoming steel framed version!

Name:  AD866EF3-BEEF-47BA-9896-3D6904CD08EB.jpg
Views: 1811
Size:  38.3 KB
    Weight loaded plus another loaded 17 round mag?

I figured once we saw the trigger on the Shield Plus that it wouldn’t be too long before we saw it implemented in the rest of the line-up. I’ve personally never had any animosity towards the curved trigger design, but this is a welcome change.

Now with more companies having OEM flat-face trigger offerings, I wonder if Glock may do something similar.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

When the shield plus came out, IMO, the flat face trigger was such an improvement(way more than the slightly wider frame and higher capacity) that I installed a shield plus trigger in my 1.0 sheild. The result was a much more "shootable " gun for me.

When the announcement came out about the upgraded 2.0 I was
    hoping for just as much improvement over the curved 2.0 trigger that I ordered one for myself. Fed Ex delivered it today and I am not sure what I think. The center "blade" of the safety is wider and shorter and projects more than the APEX flat face in the same picture. If you ever had trouble deactivating a APEX you probably won't with this OEM. I slipped it into the JMCK /Enigma rig i was already wearing and did 10 minutes dry fire and wasn't as wow'ed as I hoped....

I probably won't clean it /break it in till Sunday but am already somewhat resigned that it won't be as big a differs I had hoped.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Site Supporter
    Man, all I want is to have a normal shaped trigger rather than the fish hook articulated trigger. Wondering if there’s a company that just sells the shoe as I don’t really want to pay $165 for a trigger on a $500 gun.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Man, all I want is to have a normal shaped trigger rather than the fish hook articulated trigger. Wondering if there’s a company that just sells the shoe as I don’t really want to pay $165 for a trigger on a $500 gun.
    Have you looked at the new polymer Apex flat that is in the picture , way south of $165 if that shape works for you....
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

User Tag List