Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD-E??

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How easy is the safety to swipe off? From your post I assume much better than the Shield.
    I'd carry it hammer down and safety off; truthfully I'd prefer a decocker-only version for that reason. But I did some experimenting with the thing and it seems like it should be possible to carry the thing C1 if that were somebody's idea of a good time. Or to put the safety on with the hammer down if they were a seriously belt-and-suspenders sort of person.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC
    Any idea as to it's DA and SA trigger pull weights?

Ditto the quality of the pulls?
    SA is 5# and pretty decent for what it is. DA is...and I'm guessing because I only have an 8# gauge, but I have other, known guns...about 12#. Takeup is smooth without much noticeable stacking, but there's a distinct wall at the end before it rolls off and drops the hammer.

EDIT: It's hard for me to write objectively about triggers because I have two kinds of triggers in the house: Junky plastic guns like the one I carry, and very expensive 1911s and worked-over S&W wheelguns. Hence all the qualifying verbiage...
    Last edited by Tamara; 04-28-2017 at 05:25 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I rate this 4/4 Sort Of Want Gorillas.

Name:  kind-of-want-Favim.com-994497.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  55.3 KB

EDIT: I mean, this looks fantastic, a really great idea. Everyone who likes their S&W 3913 should buy one right away, and I'll help by buying your old, obsolete, ugly, unfashionable 3913s.
    Last edited by pdb; 04-28-2017 at 05:48 AM.

The part that's awesome to me is that it doesn't have that infernal grip safety.

Tam, I think you should beat the absolute dog crap out of yours just to see how it holds up. If it does, it'd be awesome if they made larger double stacks based on the same design.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I was just thinking the other day how it would be nice to have a single stack TDA that was more affordable than a P239. This has my interest.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post

Sigfan, thanks for posting the link. Pure gold from TGO. I can't think of anyone that I have more respect for - than Rob Leatham. Everything he said on that video made perfect sense - for him. The difference, for me - is that Rob Leatham can rely on putting rounds in that 1-2" circle - EVERY TIME HE PRESSES THE TRIGGER. I'm not at that level. As a result, I've got to count on MY bullets doing more work than Rob does. Peripheral damage and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by zuplex View Post
    I was just thinking the other day how it would be nice to have a single stack TDA that was more affordable than a P239. This has my interest.
    I'd give them points for striking out in a different direction than the recent SFA trends, esp re "how light and short can we get the trigger".
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'd give them points for striking out in a different direction than the recent SFA trends, esp re "how light and short can we get the trigger".
    Agreed, completely unexpected. I hope SA sells boat loads of them, and that will encourage other manufacturers to realize there is something besides a striker.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Sigfan, thanks for posting the link. Pure gold from TGO. I can't think of anyone that I have more respect for - than Rob Leatham. Everything he said on that video made perfect sense - for him. The difference, for me - is that Rob Leatham can rely on putting rounds in that 1-2" circle - EVERY TIME HE PRESSES THE TRIGGER. I'm not at that level. As a result, I've got to count on MY bullets doing more work than Rob does. Peripheral damage and all that.
    I get what he's saying. It hearkens back to something DocGKR wrote on here one time to the effect of "I'd rather fight along someone who's rocking XM193 in their rifle that shoots 10,000rds a year vs someone who's rocking 75gr Gold Dots that shoots 100rds a year". And he even states that he doesn't think he's undergunned with 9mm. But this is 2017. We know proven hollow points aren't magic, we just know they're better constructed and prevent over penetration. Anything on top of that is icing on the cake.

I still look to DocGKR for ballistic knowledge. I still look to Leatham for how to shoot the damn gun.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Wow it is a hammer gun. Awesome.

User Tag List