Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD-E??

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What's your most popular XD model? I really wish Springfield would make the grip safety 1911 like.
    Sir,the XD-S 9mm 3.3 but the other configuration XD-S sell well,also the XD-9 Mod-2 Grip Zone.

XDE is a SA/DA, hammer fired, single stack, compact, polymer framed 9mm pistol.
    Name:  18221585_630628307126115_2825501730174738302_n.jpg
Views: 2401
Size:  51.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    XDE is a SA/DA, hammer fired, single stack, compact, polymer framed 9mm pistol.
    Name:  18221585_630628307126115_2825501730174738302_n.jpg
Views: 2401
Size:  51.1 KB
    Is that a decocker/safety?

It will be interesting to see if they release a full size line up of them.

Springfield XD-E??

Springfield has it on their website.

This is definitely and interesting concept. Can be carried cocked and locked or de-cocked with safety on or off. I'm still on my revolver kick but this would fill a niche I don't think any other company has a product for unless I am missing something. I haven't seen the left side yet but it might be made in America? I'm intrigued, but I don't see myself as an early adopter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NerdAlert; 04-28-2017 at 03:02 AM.

Site Supporter
    The only gun I can think of similar to this would be a S&W CS9, but I'm not sure how accurate I am in that .

This is definitely a good idea and does feel a role that seems to be vacant at the moment. This seems like it would pair well with a USP V1, due to similar controls/operation.

Quote Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
    I haven't seen the left side yet but it might be made in America?
    Duh the post right before this shows the left side and it appears to say made in Croatia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Trigger sure looks Kel-Tecish to me
    What, the way it's curved and inside the trigger guard? I thought it looked more Colt Peacemaker-ish that way.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Shoots good. Didn't see any malfunctions at the range. Yes, it's made in Croatia. The only thing that interchanges with existing product is that the longer 9mm XD-S magazines will run in the gun. A decocker-only version might be available if sufficient demand seems there, but I don't know I'd worry about it; the safety is pretty positive and seems unlikely to accidentally be knocked into the "on" position. I tried to get the gun to de-cock in the middle of a string of fire, the way a USP will if you ride your thumb on the safety, but was unable to.

TheNewbie: It's almost exactly the same size as my CS9.

Since there's, as yet, no Gadget for the Glock 43 and the Shield's thumb safety is an ergonomic nightmare, I see a niche for this gun from the jump, but that's just me.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Shoots good. Didn't see any malfunctions at the range. Yes, it's made in Croatia. The only thing that interchanges with existing product is that the longer 9mm XD-S magazines will run in the gun. A decocker-only version might be available if sufficient demand seems there, but I don't know I'd worry about it; the safety is pretty positive and seems unlikely to accidentally be knocked into the "on" position. I tried to get the gun to de-cock in the middle of a string of fire, the way a USP will if you ride your thumb on the safety, but was unable to.

Since there's, as yet, no Gadget for the Glock 43 and the Shield's thumb safety is an ergonomic nightmare, I see a niche for this gun from the jump, but that's just me.
    That's good to read. I wish I had been around to really appreciate the CS9.

How easy is the safety to swipe off? From your post I assume much better than the Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

Any idea as to it's DA and SA trigger pull weights?

Ditto the quality of the pulls?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List