Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How short is too short?

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    Titegroup is a fast powder, and shortening overall length has an exponential relationship regarding pressure.

Start low and work your way up slowly. Would probably be a good time to use a chronograph, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was thinking of starting at 2.8 and going up from there. But I'll have to wait for a local match so I can borrow the club's chrono

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I also have to load the ACME 124 RNs silly short for my Tanfoglio Stock 2 chambers. The shorter of the 2 requires 1.040". The ACME 135 grain NLG RN's appear to have a more normal nose profile and I can load them at the same length as my Bayou Bullet 135's at 1.095".

My current plan is to get the hard chromed Tanfo chambers reamed. CZ barrels can be reamed with more common and cheaper and tool steel reamers..
    I would just stay with the bluebullets but the grouping isnt all that great and the acme's are a little cheaper. The coating feels stronger as well

Not sure if I can ream the CZ barrel. Some folks on benos say the lining on the P series CZ is too hard

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If it were me personally I'd switch bullet types looooooooong before I modified my gun to work with anything.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    If it were me personally I'd switch bullet types looooooooong before I modified my gun to work with anything.
    I ordered some blue bullets 135gr TC out of curiosity and was surprised to see I was able to load them up to 1.130 and still pass the plunk test. The profile on these is more pointy compared to the 147 FP and the 122 TC.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

User Tag List