Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: E-Tools...

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    What do you mean by "sheath"?

The codura thing that covers the head/blade of the tool. There are some folks that make kydex ones as well.

Another option would be bungee wrap it and connect the bungee ends to luggage tie points in the rear of the cuv.

We are using the spare tire space for the emergency kit in the wife's SUV but it does not include a shovel.
    Last edited by Bratch; 05-01-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Bumping as I’m in need of another one and wondering if there’s any new hotness. Size restrictions this time may prevent me from going with the fixed-handle version I bought last time around.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Bumping as I’m in need of another one and wondering if there’s any new hotness. Size restrictions this time may prevent me from going with the fixed-handle version I bought last time around.
    The only new development I’ve noticed lately are titanium versions of the Cold Steel style shovel. Last I looked, I didn’t see anything like a folding titanium E tool.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    The only new development I’ve noticed lately are titanium versions of the Cold Steel style shovel. Last I looked, I didn’t see anything like a folding titanium E tool.
    Looks interesting...

VSMPO Superlight Titanium Shovel Universal Emergency Tool 100% Titanium
    by Titanium World
    Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01II9VK12...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Looks interesting...

VSMPO Superlight Titanium Shovel Universal Emergency Tool 100% Titanium
    by Titanium World
    Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01II9VK12...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    For carrying around in the car, I'd go with a steel one.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

We snagged one of these on Prime day. Haven’t used it but seems like a decent compact package. It’ll be going in the Jeep. I still have the Cold Steel shovel in my truck.

FiveJoy Military Folding Shovel Multitool (C1) - Portable Foldable Survival Tool - Entrenching Backpack Equipment for Hiking Camping Emergency Car - Bushcraft Gear: Shovels and Accessories Tools Kit https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B014F0QL...ing=UTF8&psc=1

A word to the wise: check dimensions on the clones. I got one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038A05X6

thinking it was a GI clone. It is maybe a 2/3 scale copy, which isn't particularly useful.

I keep a surplus GI tri-fold in each car. When car camping I use it every morning after coffee.

I received a youtube "recommended video" for a "survival shovel multitool" but didn't save the link, however a quick search will bring up all kinds of links and videos such as this promo-video complete with epic background music.

ETA: 9:04 Cold Steel Slash demonstrations with elevator music.

Last edited by NEPAKevin; 10-24-2020 at 03:57 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List