Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: E-Tools...

Baryonx knife company sells the CS shovel with sheath for $28 bucks plus shipping and he inspects every single one so no worries about getting a wonky one, which I have from Amazon. Not a huge deal since most places have good return policies but for an extra $5 he'll also put a nice edge on it for you if you want. I've done a good bit of business with him and he has an excellent reputation so I thought I'd give him a shoutout. Great source for all kinds of knives, axes, and various cutting implements for outdoorsman and homesteaders.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 04-29-2017 at 04:44 AM.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    How would one fix these tools inside a CUV without incessant rattling and/or going ballistic in a collision?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Um....yeah. A brief google search will provide pages of information regarding Mr Giduck's "bona fides" and other assorted shenanigans.
    I know nothign about him.

I have a fair amount of experience training in and teaching SOMBO. A small part of it went into Combat Sombo and weapons. His moves look rough and sort-of Systema-ish (not a bad thing), but not entirely useless.

I have a lot of experience manipulating a wide range of flippy/twiddly style weapons. The Cold Steel shovel fits nicely into this category.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Don't have any experience with them but Cabelas has a couple of Gerber folding shovels in their Bargain Cave.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    How would one fix these tools inside a CUV without incessant rattling and/or going ballistic in a collision?
    Hook side, adhesive backed, velcro on sheath. Place against carpeted floor in trunk area. If you hit hard enough to turn it into a missile when it's velcro'ed to the floor...you ain't coming home in one piece.

Alternatively, about 90% of the time, the spare tire is under the floor. If so there is probably styrofoam that "builds up" the floor (levels it out really). Find suitable spot, cut foam, insert tool, drop floor back over it. Voila.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    ...(A)bout 90% of the time, the spare tire is under the floor. If so there is probably styrofoam that "builds up" the floor (levels it out really). Find suitable spot, cut foam, insert tool, drop floor back over it. Voila.
    Along with a khukri and/or cutlass. (I have a Woodsman's Pal in mine ) (Did you know the "Woodsman's Pal as a fighting knife" pamphlets are in reprint?)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

E-Tools...

Something like this ?

quick Fist Mount

*immaturely chuckles about getting a "quick fist" *
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 05-01-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Something like this ?

quick Fist Mount

*immaturely chuckles about getting a "quick fist" *
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Hook side, adhesive backed, velcro on sheath.
    So you could combine Velcro and one of these fisting thingies? What do you mean by "sheath"? And no, that's not a joke, I'm genuinely curious. I'd like to keep things in place and be able to toss luggage, grocery bags, et cetera into the back without worrying about them being eviscerated.

Also, for our law enforcement friends, what constitutes "reasonable emergency preparedness" and "grand theft auto starter kit"?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Phrasing ?

So you could combine Velcro and one of these fisting thingies? What do you mean by "sheath"? And no, that's not a joke, I'm genuinely curious.
    Ummmm phrasing. and possible out of context quote of the day?
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List