Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9SK

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I think I saw November.

Agree on the X Grip. I am not a fan, and carry 10+1 at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info. Any word on the safety models by chance? I am really enjoying the pure shooting capability of the VP series. Would be nice to have a layer of safety with the short trigger of VP series. A manual safety would go a long way for me, might even get me to switch over to a striker for everything. It would be nice to stick with one trigger system. Thanks again for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I saw November.

Agree on the X Grip. I am not a fan, and carry 10+1 at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just enough time for me to get a VP9SK, get it vetted good with the standard 10 rounders, then pick up a few 13's to test and then carry.....

What I really want is a VP9K that'd be the same size as a P2000. That'd carry like the bomb diggity for me, but VP9SK with a 13 round stick would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Thanks for the info. Any word on the safety models by chance?
    I've only seen the base, and LE models on the HK web site, so far.

Seems like I saw a safety-equipped VP9 mentioned somewhere in the last few product announcements, but I can't recall now.

Is there a P30 Xgrip type coming from HK for use of P30/VP9 mags in a P2000?

I've only seen the base, and LE models on the HK web site, so far.

Seems like I saw a safety-equipped VP9 mentioned somewhere in the last few product announcements, but I can't recall now.
    Here's the press announcement where a 'safety lever' is discussed in the context of the SFP9 (rest of world name for VP9):

http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/produ...-overview.html

VP9SK

Here is a cut out from the manual with the (coming soon?) mag options:

Last edited by RJ; 04-28-2017 at 08:34 AM.

Those factory 13 round mags with the blended floor plate kinda makes a VP9 the size of a G19 or P2000 pointless... would another 1/2" or 1" or whatever of barrel really make a difference in performance on a gun designed for CCW? I mean...I'd still buy one if they offered it but....other than adding on a full size WML (which would be reason alone for them to make one)?
    Last edited by TCB; 04-28-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    What I really want is a VP9K that'd be the same size as a P2000. That'd carry like the bomb diggity for me
    I just talked to HK rep at NRA Exhibit Hall. Short answer is yes, in 2018. He said that it's a matter of complying with US firearm import laws. A VP9 compact would require too many changes to be legally imported. HK is expanding production at the Columbus facility now, but is focused on MR556 and MR762, which will bring the price of those rifles down. After they get that done, he said they'll focus on VP-series.
    Last edited by ADKilla; 04-28-2017 at 12:03 PM.

VP9SK

Quote Originally Posted by ADKilla View Post
    I just talked to HK rep at NRA Exhibit Hall. Short answer is yes, in 2018. He said that it's a matter of complying with US firearm import laws. A VP9 compact would require too many changes to be legally imported. HK is expanding production at the Columbus facility now, but is focused on MR556 and MR762, which will bring the price of those rifles down. After they get that done, he said they'll focus on VP-series.
    That is quite literally the best thing I've heard this year.

#vp9compactin2018
    Last edited by RJ; 04-28-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Those factory 13 round mags with the blended floor plate kinda makes a VP9 the size of a G19 or P2000 pointless... would another 1/2" or 1" or whatever of barrel really make a difference in performance on a gun designed for CCW? I mean...I'd still buy one if they offered it but....other than adding on a full size WML (which would be reason alone for them to make one)?
    I get this.

On the other side, reloads with a small grip gun, whose grip length is made up of (partly) the magazine is problematic (at least for me).

My size M guy hands are short approx 1/2" shy of fully covering the grip on my VP9.

So...P30SK at 4.57" is too short...a VP9 at 5.41" is too tall...hmmm...hmmm...

User Tag List