Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: VP9SK

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As referenced above, the VP9SK while compact, is probably larger than your wife can carry concealed. My wife is 5-7, 120, a highly dedicated shooter, and the 26 is her upper limit for EDC under light clothing. She also goes 43, 42 and LCP, as clothing gets tighter/smaller.
    Yup.
    My wife carries a PPS M2 and still has to dress around it.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-18-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    13 and 15 round VP9sk magazines are now available on the HK Webshop....

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...zine/p/226345S

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...zine/p/226346S
    Looking forward to reviews, very strong possibility of me having these in the future. I'm curious exactly how different they are from the Xgrips and if they're any better

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As referenced above, the VP9SK while compact, is probably larger than your wife can carry concealed. My wife is 5-7, 120, a highly dedicated shooter, and the 26 is her upper limit for EDC under light clothing. She also goes 43, 42 and LCP, as clothing gets tighter/smaller.
    I think it's based on build and carry style. Also dress. My wife is 5'5" and 120lbs size 2. She carries a VP9 sometimes in a DSG AIWB holster, but the VP9 SK is her favorite/much more comfortable for her. She does also carry a USPc 9mm she recently picked up from time to time. She has an xds 9mm she runs as well when she's going single stack (bought before Springfield bailed on the 2nd Amendment.) I'm trying to convert her to the G43 if I decide to get one.

But it's all in her build and how she carries. If my wife can carry a VP9 full size AIWB, shouldn't be too hard to carry a VP9sk. It's almost G26 size anyway. Though honestly, hips and curves play a role in it all too. Women's clothes are notoriously not setup for carry.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Does the VP9SK work and/or fit well in a kydex VP9 holster?
    I know this is an old post, but the thread is semi-recent at the end and I have a response, so

I just bought a VP9SK and it fits my full size VP9 Stealthgear USA ventcore IWB holster perfectly. I haven't carried it that way yet. That is a hybrid style, not a all kydex, but it does fit just perfectly
    Last edited by Steaz; 02-04-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’ve been considering a VP9sk for my daughter. She has a hard time manipulating the slide on Glocks, and the “ears” on the VP9 may be just what she needs. I’m still grumpy about HKs refusal to sell to Israel, but may have to overlook that.
    My spouse can rack my VP9 easily, perhaps in part, due to the ears. I’m quite a fan of the VP9SK, having finally spent some time on one. It was a tack-driver. I’m not a good pistol shooter, but managed to put ten rounds into about 4” at 15 the first magazine. I have Glocks, Smith’s, and standard VP9s out the wazoo, but the VP9SK may be the first gun both of us could live with. I’m quite tempted to pick two or three up so we each have a carry and a spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    13 and 15 round VP9sk magazines are now available on the HK Webshop....

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...zine/p/226345S

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...zine/p/226346S
    13 round

Left to right

G26 Magpul 12+1...G19...VP9SK 13+1...VP9

Quote Originally Posted by Steaz View Post
    13 round

Left to right

G26 Magpul 12+1...G19...VP9SK 13+1...VP9
    That's a cool comparison pic, thank you!

@Steaz, is the extension for the 13 round mag a sleeve that fits over the mag and gets locked in by the floor plate or does it easily slide on and off the mag?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @Steaz, is the extension for the 13 round mag a sleeve that fits over the mag and gets locked in by the floor plate or does it easily slide on and off the mag?

It is locked in to the baseplate, it's not going to slide up the magazine and be annoying the way many magazine sleeve fill-ins can.

You can see the locking tab better in this one

Here are a couple similar taken before I got the 13 round SK mag, and including an FNH FNS 9c (which I find to be an under-appreciate firearm, it's good)

Last edited by Steaz; 02-07-2018 at 07:37 PM.

User Tag List