Page 89 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Beef ribs were half off at the butcher shop, so I'm finally going to give that a go. Chicken breast and wings today, ribs probably Monday.

Tips on beef ribs?
    I love beef ribs, hard to find around here. Dalmatian rub, cut into 2-3 rib sections and smoke at a 225-235 seems to work. I don’t wrap them, I think Amazing Ribs says they steam too much if you do. Lower temperature unwrapped seems to be the way.

Pork butt for me tomorrow.

Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

Beef ribs were half off at the butcher shop, so I'm finally going to give that a go. Chicken breast and wings today, ribs probably Monday.

Tips on beef ribs?
    I leave the rack whole, salt and pepper and let ride at 300-325f. I use a combo of oak and pecan. Probe tender, screw the temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Too cold and windy to bother with the smoker today so I just grilled. Nothing fancy, grilled chicken breasts and once they were about at temp I brushed them with olive oil and added a dry rub. Nashville Hot, Peri-peri, and Cajun so really just three different spicy types. I also did lemon pepper wings (lemon pepper from Spices, Inc is great) and cinnamon pineapples.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter

Tips on beef ribs?
    Which ribs?

Ribeye ribs? If so, cut boney or meaty?
    Short /flank ribs?

I'd season either similarly, but smoke the close to the bone Ribeye ribs at a lower/slower.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Which ribs?

Ribeye ribs? If so, cut boney or meaty?
    Short /flank ribs?

I'd season either similarly, but smoke the close to the bone Ribeye ribs at a lower/slower.
    Hell, I don't know. From a cow. Thick on one end, thin on the other. I just slathered them in mustard and did a kosher salt/black pepper rub and now they are on with cherry wood.

Side note: I just spent way too much money on a grill. $1500 for a Kamado Joe Big Joe II. Anything that costs that much should have a motor and/or a roof, but my wife is enthralled with the notion we can do pizza on it so there we are. It's going to take two men and a mule to get this thing where I need it to be once it's delivered.

Site Supporter
    Hell, I don't know. From a cow. Thick on one end, thin on the other. I just slathered them in mustard and did a kosher salt/black pepper rub and now they are on with cherry wood.
    Beef back ribs: Low and slow, IMO.

Name:  Beef-Short-Ribs-NAMP-124.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  42.6 KB

I call these short ribs, but I think they are also called "Plate ribs".
    More fat than brisket, IMO, so, more flavor than brisket. And much harder to get wrong than brisket.
    I cook these for an hour on low and then 225 until done.

Name:  Beef-Short-Ribs-NAMP-123A.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  32.1 KB

Source: https://three-little-pigs-bbq.com/he...ll-my-butcher/

Congrats on the Kamodo... They can make good pizza, indeed.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Beef back ribs: Low and slow, IMO.

Name:  Beef-Short-Ribs-NAMP-124.jpg
Size:  42.6 KB

I call these short ribs, but I think they are also called "Plate ribs".
    More fat than brisket, IMO, so, more flavor than brisket. And much harder to get wrong than brisket.
    I cook these for an hour on low and then 225 until done.

Name:  Beef-Short-Ribs-NAMP-123A.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  32.1 KB

Source: https://three-little-pigs-bbq.com/he...ll-my-butcher/

Congrats on the Kamodo... They can make good pizza, indeed.
    They are the top ones.

I did them at 260-275 until 200 internal. They are resting in foil in a small cooler now. They smell good, at least, so we'll see.

Name:  20210308_184054.jpg
Size:  46.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Name:  20210308_184054.jpg
Size:  46.2 KB
    Yum!

Gonna get some work in...a new hire recently assigned to my shift is an honest to God BBQ judge, who takes vacations to Kansas City during the competition circuits. To. Judge. Them.

Normally I am happy to make myself happy, but this is an opportunity to not be missed.

pat

Site Supporter
    Cowboy Kent Rollins on Youtube just had an amazing video on the Ruben Sandwich. He cured his own brisket to corned beef, then smoked it to pastrami. YUM. Really kinda interested in making it happen. I went through a phase last year of perfecting my Ruben. Got my Russian Dressing down...Home made saurkraut...et al...

<wiping drool off of chin> the sandwich is a native of the next big city from my father in law's super small home town.

According to Wiki whatsis pastrami makes it a Rachel. Corned beef is the original Ruben. Am I wrong for liking smoked corned beef? (Rhetorical, no, I am not wrong.)

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 03-11-2021 at 02:22 PM.

User Tag List