Page 84 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    What else besides bacon, pancakes and eggs?
    we did some awesome shrimp tacos on the Blackstone we have in our camper!

Side note: An IR thermometer makes things much easier. Feels like cheating.
    which one did you get? Once I get the Xmas cash hemorrhage under control, I want one.

Been looking at this guy just because I like Thermoworks so much
    https://www.thermoworks.com/IR-Gun
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    which one did you get? Once I get the Xmas cash hemorrhage under control, I want one.

Been looking at this guy just because I like Thermoworks so much
    https://www.thermoworks.com/IR-Gun
    I got a cheapo from Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Out of the box it read ice water as 34'F and a rolling boil as 214'F, so, over by 2'F.
    Close enough for griddle work.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Most of the pressed ideas are on the radar, but, PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS! were not... And that one jogs the memory for Bulgogi.

Fried noodles were not on the list either, thanks!
    Any recipes you particularly like for fried noodles? Especially spicy and/or Asian.

Is it time for lunch yet?
    I have not tried this yet but sounds really good.

https://pickledplum.com/pan-fried-noodles-chili-crisp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    I have not tried this yet but sounds really good.
    It was delicious! Wife loved it too....

I tried to stay close to the recipe to set a baseline. The local Asian market had fresh wheat noodles that were delicious plain, could not resist them. Boil for 90 seconds, drain and rinse. Wife thought it needed a bit more sweet and added a bit of Hoisin sauce. I was tempted to go for some Mae Ploy Chili sauce, but added some more of the recipe sauce and Sriracha. And some diced Jalapeno (raw). And some red pepper flakes.

Next time I would add some protein. Some diced Chinese roast pork would be excellent. Maybe just some Tofu. Or some scrambled egg. Or some shrimp. And maybe some peas (frozen fresh). LOL. Lots of options.

Also.... I was a bit shy about overcooking the noodles on the griddle. Next time, more fry time. I got some good crunch, but, more would have been better. Still working out my technique on this thing. Fun work.

Oh.. and... I doubled the recipe for the sauce. We used more than the recipe called for, the rest won't go to waste. Would be great on dumplings.

Overall... 4 thumbs up.

Name:  Noodles 0.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  93.8 KB
    Name:  Noodles 2.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  102.9 KB
    Name:  Noodles 3.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  52.1 KB

The recipe link was written by someone who likes to chat, clearly. I wound up translating to an actual recipe format. Not very complicated.

-- two tablespoons chili crisp
    -- two tablespoons of chicken broth
    -- two tablespoons of soy sauce
    -- one tablespoon of chinkiang vinegar
    -- mix well and set aside

- Prepare your chow mein noodles according to the directions on the package
    - Drain and rinse well

-- Divide your cooked and drained noodles into portion sized bunches

-- Get a bit of vegetable oil going in a flat bottom pan or sloped wok over medium-high heat. When your pan is hot, take one bunch of Chinese egg noodles and place them evenly across the bottom of the pan – kinda like a pancake.

-- Fry the noodles for a few minutes. But keep an eye on them. The goal is golden brown – not charcoal!

-- Flip your noodle cake and cook the other side. When both sides are golden (or leung mein wong), you’re ready to rock!

-- Top with half (or a bit more) of your homemade chili sauce, chopped scallions, cilantro and basil
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

It was delicious! Wife loved it too....

I tried to stay close to the recipe to set a baseline. The local Asian market had fresh wheat noodles that were delicious plain, could not resist them. Boil for 90 seconds, drain and rinse. Wife thought it needed a bit more sweet and added a bit of Hoisin sauce. I was tempted to go for some Mae Ploy Chili sauce, but added some more of the recipe sauce and Sriracha. And some diced Jalapeno (raw). And some red pepper flakes.

Next time I would add some protein. Some diced Chinese roast pork would be excellent. Maybe just some Tofu. Or some scrambled egg. Or some shrimp. And maybe some peas (frozen fresh). LOL. Lots of options.

Also.... I was a bit shy about overcooking the noodles on the griddle. Next time, more fry time. I got some good crunch, but, more would have been better. Still working out my technique on this thing. Fun work.

Oh.. and... I doubled the recipe for the sauce. We used more than the recipe called for, the rest won't go to waste. Would be great on dumplings.

Overall... 4 thumbs up.

Name:  Noodles 0.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  93.8 KB
    Name:  Noodles 2.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  102.9 KB
    Name:  Noodles 3.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  52.1 KB

The recipe link was written by someone who likes to chat, clearly. I wound up translating to an actual recipe format. Not very complicated.
    That’s awesome man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I recently decide to get back to more outdoor cooking. I decide to smoke a turkey for New Years. I also wanted to give Meat Church rubs a try. I used the Meat Church Bird Brine then season with the Holy Voodo. I went with a maple whiskey glaze to finish it off.

The family really liked, which is saying something because my wife doesn't like turkey.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jamautry View Post
    That looks delicious. And I'm not a big fan of turkey.

Name:  661E01C2-8607-4FFB-9CE8-49191ABCB051.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  32.2 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    6ft one here https://www.atbbq.com/accessories/gr...grill-mat.html

I have one that fits under mine it’s pretty heavy duty and fire rated. You might be able to contact them and see if a 8ft is possible.
    Got two of these, thanks for the suggestion. Don’t look half bad either

Name:  0DA44844-A50A-46DB-B4B3-145B86DE6393.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  63.6 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Rain, rain, rain this weekend.... So... We're stuck inside (and on the covered patio) making tacos.

Friday... Smoked Cod.
    The green stuff is shredded Brussels Sprouts with a dressing my wife made that was delish, but I didn't pay attention to what went in it.
    Name:  1-Cod.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  81.9 KB

Saturday.... Sashimi Salmon
    Name:  2-Salmon.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  50.9 KB

Sunday.... Sweet Potato Hash with Flat Iron Fajitas
    Name:  3-SP.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  101.4 KB Name:  4-FI.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  57.2 KB

User Tag List