Page 130 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1520

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I grilled one a few years back, rubbed with pomegranate molasses, served with veg, pita, and feta. Kept it rare and sliced it thin. Fantabulous.

But I have not smoked one.

pat

Smoked wings this evening for dinner.
    Treager grill/smoker, with hickory charcoal pellets.

Carolina style mop sauce.

Name:  IMG_20221015_173707502.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  48.9 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quick Ooni update (while I’m still mad)…

Fuck this stupid fucking thing.

Temp and gas knob on the rear should have been the first clue that it was designed by a moron.

Now, to further compound on that horrendous design choice, the metal spindle gets hot as shit and the knob softened and is allowing the knob to slip.

In addition to all of that, cooking one pie at a time is just stupid. Six people all with personal pies means nobody is actually going to enjoy the meal.

So, IMO, fuck this home cooked pizza fad. I have a phone and they can have exactly what I want delivered to my door in less time than it takes the Ooni to heat up (30 min is the recommended time).
    Update on the update…

I’m going back and forth via email with various Ooni customer service people. They asked for a pic of the knob, which I sent, and they confirmed it’s melted. Now they want me to try and get the thing to light with a pair of pliers on the shaft, to which I have declined because it’s all been packed away again and testing this functionality will require digging it back out, hooking it back up to propane, and then try to perform a function that sucks with the knob and results in burned off arm hair only now with piers? Yeah, no, fuck you.

Funnily enough they keep dodging my request for clarification on how to light this stupid thing with the knob on the back.

I wish I hadn’t looked up how much it cost. Or, more to the point, I would have rather have had nothing (except a quiet day at home) for Father’s Day then to have gotten this stupid thing. What I want to do is take a sledgehammer to the dumb thing and send them a picture of that.
    Ooni are now sending me a new oven. Multiple e ails back and forth, repeated requests for the same documentation over and over again, etc. I will say, at least we got to a resolution via email and I didn’t have to call anyone (ew). And the horrible design isn’t really the fault of the customer service people.

I started to ask if I could pay the difference and get the 16in since it’s got a better knob location, but I don’t have the space to store the thing.

Now what I really want to do is simply sell the new one when it arrives. However, they want the old one back, and I don’t have the old box, so I’m going to need the packing materials for the new one in order to ship the old one.

That, and I’ve spent another couple hundred bucks on various accessories, and I can’t imagine,someone buying a new pizza oven is gonna want secondhand pizza tools.

Well, that and the fact that this all started as a Father’s Day gift and probably the only thing worse than sticking it all in a drawer and never using it again is selling a gift (btw, I really wish people would just stop buying me gifts altogether. Literally 100% of the time we both just wind up feeling worse about it. but that’s another topic).

So, I suppose there’s nothing to do but receive the new one, pack up the old one, and try and store the new one in a location where I don’t have to look at it and get mad every time I see it, but that the family feels like the gift was appreciated.

I *do* think I’ve got a few more tips and tricks on how to use the thing, but at the end of the day making pizza at home is just a stupid waste of time. There’s nothing to be done about the fact that either everyone eats alone, or only one person gets a hot and fresh pie.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Getting ready for tomorrow

Name:  F338DF12-01A8-4B79-B06A-FE2B8AFCC586.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  99.5 KB

Name:  860A2E3E-81BF-4037-AD14-C630E5A72AFF.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  74.2 KB

Coming along. Swapped and rotated.

Name:  9FC84EFD-E66F-4F39-BCE1-55EA780A52B1.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  99.7 KB

Name:  EBE84E4A-C5F3-47CC-97F6-420752C8FD92.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  99.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Never start a pork butt after 10am. Unless you plan to start it after dinner and let it cook overnight.

I was pulling pork last night at midnight and it was still hot enough to burn my fingers after 2 hours rest.

Tender as tenderloin, so, almost worth it
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Fìn

Name:  FEE72A40-BAB6-49C9-BDDF-A052587AACCE.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  99.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Fìn

Name:  FEE72A40-BAB6-49C9-BDDF-A052587AACCE.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  99.8 KB
    <\drool>
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Taking on two meats today

Name:  92ECCB46-1E6C-4357-A07C-B17F35B254AB.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  77.2 KB

Name:  AF89061C-30D8-4548-AEFA-00AF90247804.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  102.5 KB

User Tag List