Page 101 of 152 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1511

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

Been slacking on my steak game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Did a 5.75 lbs Costco butt this weekend, plus some wings that I didn’t take pictures of.

A friend sent me a PowerPoint all about the perfect temps for the firebox, the science of burning coals and wood, etc. the upshot of which was that one should attempt to keep their fire hotter to avoid creosote flavor. So I kept the temp up, and I do think this was my best butt ever. I didn’t plan correctly for the added fuel required to burn hotter so I had a bobble there for about an hour while I got more coals on it and going, which ironically meant that we burned hotter but took longer.

Name:  56AD891C-22F3-4D81-A669-238A6A6AE335.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  50.0 KB

Name:  F6A1A88B-09C7-47FD-B8AD-1A86D4FCF5E6.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  101.4 KB

Name:  470B2073-A699-4B5E-93EE-B68FEECA08B1.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  91.3 KB

You can see the bobble in the yellow line (air) which caused the red line (meat) to even dip a bit.
    Name:  79C53FA9-7040-419E-8C19-D426C8FED9F6.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  24.9 KB

Btw, if you’re not making pulled pork grilled cheese with the leftovers the next day, you’re missing out. Mayo on the outside of the bread, 5 grain Italian bread (this time), one slice of cheddar on each slice of bread, top with pork, a small pat of butter in the pan, fry open faced with the lid on to start, mash them together, fry un-covered on one side then the other to finish. So, so, so good!
    Name:  CC09B514-54C9-48F2-A9BD-99FC7691FF62.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  68.6 KB

Name:  9E83933D-7558-4CE0-99F8-D89DA9CC3A08.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  60.5 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Goal for today: pulled pork pizza.

Pizza dough from a local pizza joint. (Side note. I gave up making my own pizza dough about 8 years ago when my Kitchenaid stand mixer had to be rebuilt. I had worn it out over about 12 years. A local chain has my favorite pizza crust, and they sell it to me for $3.00 a pound. Also makes good griddled flatbread...) oil a cast iron skillet with olive oil, mash the dough in and up the sides. Bar-B-Que sauce on the dough. Pulled pork and more sauce on the the dough, pineapple chunks, and slivered red onion. Top with fresh sliced mozzarella and parmesan. 350 degree smoker till crust hits 205-210 degrees measured by Thermapen mk 4, probably 20-30 minutes. Pull the skillet out and let it sit 5 minutes for the crust to set up, then pull from the pan and slice. Sprinkle with chiffonade of basil and serve.

I will let you all know how it turns out.

pat

I got a new RecTeq RT700 grill a couple of weeks ago. I started with some chickens and a pork loin. Saturday I broke out the plate beef short ribs. I seasoned them with MeatChurch Holy Cow and threw them on the grill at 300°F. They hit 207°F internal at about 5.5 hours. My wife requested bones pull free tender. They tasted great. I love this grill.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jamautry View Post
    I got a new RecTeq RT700 grill a couple of weeks ago. I started with some chickens and a pork loin. Saturday I broke out the plate beef short ribs. I seasoned them with MeatChurch Holy Cow and threw them on the grill at 300°F. They hit 207°F internal at about 5.5 hours. My wife requested bones pull free tender. They tasted great. I love this grill.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    If you have more short ribs, take a look at Mad Scientist BBQ on Utoob.
    He did Pastrami with the ribs
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    We had another couple over for dinner this evening. I used my "Joetisserie" with a basket to do lemon pepper wings. Then I removed the rotisserie components and did pizzas. This is the first use of the basket and it held 4.33-ish lbs of wings with no issue and cooked them evenly. I was pretty happy with it.

Name:  20210624_183302.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  59.3 KB
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Great thread.

I have owned many grills, but for almost 30 years have exclusively been a Weber kettle grill charcoal guy. It is so simple to use, and the flavor is beyond good.
    The ability to roast and bake with indirect heat is ideal for other uses [like pizza and roast turkey]while still being perfect for BBQ burgers. We've done Thanksgiving turkeys on the weber for forever.

My wife won a Traeger pellet grill/smoker from Paris Farmer's union two years ago. and it serves a purpose, but is not a grille per se.
    It works really incredible for ribs and roasts. It does smoke, but not like a true smoker. If we had not won it, I would not own one.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Okay - new house - time for a grill!

Budget 5-bills

Want: Pellet with good hopper control and good external temp control

Need: Mobility - I have to grill on the driveway and the grill will be stored in either the garage or under the gazebo. It should be moveable by one person. And ideally have 4-wheels

Upper shelf or insert for veggies would be great.

Size - I don't need a big grill. Just cooking for the wife and I.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Okay - new house - time for a grill!

Budget 5-bills

Want: Pellet with good hopper control and good external temp control

Need: Mobility - I have to grill on the driveway and the grill will be stored in either the garage or under the gazebo. It should be moveable by one person. And ideally have 4-wheels

Upper shelf or insert for veggies would be great.

Size - I don't need a big grill. Just cooking for the wife and I.
    I love my Rec Teq, and would replace it with another if stolen tomorrow, but this fits the bill for you well: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pit-Boss-Pr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I love my Rec Teq, and would replace it with another if stolen tomorrow, but this fits the bill for you well: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pit-Boss-Pr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    That's what I was looking at.

But you said Rec Teq and now I'm looking at this: https://www.recteq.com/RT-B380-Bulls...d-Pellet-Grill

Which is lighter, trade off smaller, but I'm okay with that. For greater portability and especially good quality.

User Tag List