Page 118 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1520

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Bourbon. Bourbon goes great with barbecue.
    This wins this thread for today.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Pizza, there's nuthin' good up here.

When we have it, we make our own on the Weber.
    That photo makes me drool... Meatballs or sausage?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

That photo makes me drool... Meatballs or sausage?
    Those were meatballs we made the size of softballs before cooking.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Those were meatballs we made the size of softballs before cooking.
    I thought they looked like meatballs and not sausage.... I'm fine with either... I'm meat fluid.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I thought they looked like meatballs and not sausage.... I'm fine with either... I'm meat fluid.
    Roy, how do you cook bull nuts? I prefer fried. Some Dallas dudes boil them. Of course, I know you are from Ft Worth.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Roy, how do you cook bull nuts? I prefer fried. Some Dallas dudes boil them. Of course, I know you are from Ft Worth.
    I don't.

First time I was offered them was in some fancy Denver Steakhouse, eons ago. I declined and asked my host, "Do people here eat those regularly?" To which he replied, "Only the tourists".

I have since tried them, fried, Not bad, but, not something I make at home.

Site Supporter
    I went to the Buckhorn in Denver. I like Rocky Mountain Oysters. We were seated next to a couple with teen daughters. The dad ordered the sampler platter and commented on the chicken nugget looking things. Then, after the girls tasted them, told them what they were. Response: 'EEEEWWWWWW!".

Something I would pull...er...do to my kids.

They had an excellent elk tenderloin that I asked for bleu. You could have sliced it thin, and put it on rice and told someone they were eating expensive sushi. It was wonderful, and served with a quail glazed in prickly pear jelly and grilled over wood. One of my favorite restaurant meals in my life.

The Big Texan in Amarillo had a appetizer sampler platter with rattlesnake, rabbit, and lamb fries.

I like every mammal ball I have eaten fried, with sauce, even if it is just ketchup or Tobasco. I wouldn't refuse boiled, but, really?

pat

Site Supporter
    Got to one of the tomahawk steaks we picked up at Red Raider meats over memorial day weekend.
    I tried searing first, then cooking on indirect heat. Had the thermometer at the top, on the side, away from the bone. Pulled at 130 and tented, resting for 10 minutes. Strangely the outer part (where the thermometer was) was ~rare, but the inside center was medium well. Overcooked for my tastes.

So tomahawk steaks get a meh from me. Never had a steak vary so much. Also 2.5 lb steak cooked down a lot. More than enough for one but not enough for two. Plus difficult to grill veggies at the same time with the long bone.

Name:  image_67182849.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  42.0 KB

The biggest fan (not my manicure)
    Name:  image_67173889.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  30.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JclInAtx View Post
    I tried searing first, then cooking on indirect heat. Had the thermometer at the top, on the side, away from the bone. Pulled at 130 and tented, resting for 10 minutes. Strangely the outer part (where the thermometer was) was ~rare, but the inside center was medium well. Overcooked for my tastes.
    Next time try doing indirect heat first till you hit 10 degrees below your target internal temp then sear

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Nothing fancy, but got some ribs going. Fairly generic salt/pepper rub, apple juice spritz, 225-ish over apple wood. Just want to get them done prior to work.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List